by PETE49 Investigator
Investigator

Infrequent use of PAYG on Orange

My wife and I are pensioners in our 80's. My wife found she can't use her mobile it was apparently switched off because of low usage IAW terms and conditions. I note that on the 8/7/2019 the balance of her account showed £18-31p. Today, thinking that the phone could come back into use she paid the sum of £10 for a top up using her phone and credit cards. The phone has not come back into use!  I assume she has now lost a total of £28-31p?  What can she do next to get the phone working again and is it possible to at least received the £10 she paid today? Her mobile number was xxxxxxxxxxx. The top up number of her phone card is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by PETE49 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Infrequent use of PAYG on Orange

Many thanks to the Community Particularly to Leanne and Chris. EE contacted me on Monday morning my wife's mobile number has been reinstated. The £10 top up plus the £18-31 lost because of infrequent use has been credited back into my wife's account. I couldn't have wished for a better outcome!

We will now make sure we make chargeable calls to comply with the T&C's.😄 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pete48

Thank you for coming to the community.

I would like to help you get this looked into, to do this you will have a private message from me on here for some extra details.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by PETE49 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks Leanne thanks also to Daniel I realised my mistake a few minutes after posting. 

Further to my query there was a message on my wifes phone which said the switch to EE had been completed it then gave the balance of the account.

by

No problem @PETE49

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you could reply to my private message, I will help you get this looked into.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did she last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

She needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using her mins, texts or data from her pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by PETE49 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for your reply I understand and realize what's happened. OK so she lost the unused cash and the number has been now lost. However as I mentioned she paid  £10 for a top up yesterday thinking that would resurrect the number. The £10 top up was effectively accepted for a number that no longer exists how can she claim a refund?  

My own phone which is identical still appears to work so I guess the change over to EE has been successful for me. I would like to get my wife's phone back on the same EE system with the same PAYG arrangement she had previously. We have no requirement for any monthly contract. Both phones are used very infrequently. 

I'll note your reply before I contact EE many thanks for providing their contact number and other information.

Pete.

by

Hi @PETE49

If you could reply to the private message that @Leanne_T sent you, we'll do our best to help.

Chris

by PETE49 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Many thanks to the Community Particularly to Leanne and Chris. EE contacted me on Monday morning my wife's mobile number has been reinstated. The £10 top up plus the £18-31 lost because of infrequent use has been credited back into my wife's account. I couldn't have wished for a better outcome!

We will now make sure we make chargeable calls to comply with the T&C's.😄 

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

It's cheaper to send a chargeable text to keep it alive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Great news @PETE49

Glad we could help 🙂

You know where we are if you need anything in the future,

All the best 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.