Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If I received my upgrade phone on 29th of Nov why has my contract started dec 4t

I upgraded my phone via phone it was dispatched on 28th nov & received it 29th but my new contract starts from the 4th December? Why is this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: If I received my upgrade phone on 29th of Nov why has my contract started de

I contacted EE about this but they couldn’t answer my query??

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: If I received my upgrade phone on 29th of Nov why has my contract started de

Isn't the same as your old contract? When you upgrade your billing date doesn't change but the 1st month's bill is apportioned between the old & the new.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Helen27

Thanks for coming to community and I hope you had a lovely Christmas 🙂

The billing date @XRaySpeX has advised shouldn't have changed.

Have you had this verified with customer services at all?

We don't have account access in community, so it would need verified with them.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Solution

I contacted EE about this but they couldn’t answer my query??

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does it matter? If the new contract is dearer than the old it's better for you for it to start later.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Not really as I received phone on 29th nov & in the upgrade website  it states my contract starts then but on my app it starts on 4th of December & I have only been discounted from the 4th for previous dd payment??

Highlighted
Established Contributor

My bill date is 21st & it’s taken on the 29th my upgrade which is not recognised by the way was received on the 29th which is when contract should start but it starts on 4th dec ? I rang EE & they don’t know either?

Highlighted
by

Hi @Helen27

If you upgraded directly with us and your contract dates are incorrect, the agent should escalate this to their manager who can resolve it for you.

Although I understand that you have already spoken to them before, we don't have access to your account here in the community.

I recommend getting in contact with customer services again. 

I'm sure they will be able to sort this out for you.

Please let me know what happens.

Chris

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Thank you for replying but I’ve spoke to EE & they are none the wiser??? I down loaded apps since the 29th but still they say my contract starts when I activated my phone... which contradicts on there website that it starts as soon as phone is dispatched???

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
by

Good morning @Helen27

Thank you for coming back to community 🙂

In terms of contract dates or any disputed information, please see our ways to complain to try and find a resolution satisfactory to yourself.

Let us know what happens.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.