by kloughlin Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IPv6 ROUTER CONNECTIVITY

Hi,

I want to ask if EE are looking to carry out any (OTA?) updates to their routers to facilitate IPv6 protocols?  With the obvious, and well publicised, saturation of IPv4 addresses and since wider adoption of IPv6 in 2011 more websites are using the 128-bit encryption.  I have found more sites are becoming slower on my PC due to the “dual stack” issue presented by EE as my ISP provider who still only have IPv4 connectivity on their router/modems.  I have changed my PC’s networking cards to be ready for this but limited presently by EE as my ISP.

Does anyone have insight into whether EE are looking to change the protocol in their devices and, if so, any timescales?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: IPv6 ROUTER CONNECTIVITY

EE's Brightboxes already have IPv6 connectivity. You can IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kloughlin Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX

Just checked connectivity using your weblink - see attached file of score result section??

3 / 20

How can you improve your score ?

Your network connection does not support the IPv6 protocol, it may be possible to enable IPv6 support in your router configuration or by asking your ISP. If your ISP doesn't support IPv6 yet, you may use a tunnel provider to access the IPv6 Internet through your IPv4-only connection.
by ScottMcUK
Visitor

Should have responded to this by now.  It's top comment in searches regarding IPv6 on EE.  Looking into buying a seperate gaming router and doing away with the Bright Box 2.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.