by Obi1 Investigator
Investigator

I want to unlock My IPhone 7

I bought an Iphone 7, to use aboard. I insert my PAYG EE sim and the phone is locked to EE. Please how do I unlock the IPhone so I can be able to use it aboard. I am stranded in Nigeria with no workable phone and it is dangerous to stay here without a phone. Please I need HELP...........

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I want to unlock My IPhone 7

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone and/or from abroad you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Obi1 here is a link containing information on how to unlock a device through EE. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...

by Obi1 Investigator
Investigator

I bought the phone new, on contract with O2 Sim, but mistakenly I inserted EE sim inside and it is locked to EE. Call O2, they said they can't do anything about it. I should contact EE or carphone warehouse where I bought the phone. I am so confused, don't know what to do.

Sent from my iPad
by Obi1 Investigator
Investigator

I bought the phone new, on contract with O2 Sim, but mistakenly I inserted EE sim inside and it is locked to EE. Call O2, they said they can't do anything about it. I should contact EE or carphone warehouse where I bought the phone. I am so confused, don't know what to do.

Sent from my iPad
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Obi1 just to confirm you have bought a SIM free device from CPW with an o2 contract but you have activated it with your EE PAYG SIM card first and it has locked to EE?

If this is the case then EE should be able to unlock your device for free as it will be registered against your EE PAYG account. You can try the online form entering your EE mobile number and the devices IMEI number:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/

Or if that does not work you would need to call customer service on +447953 966 250 (lines open 8am UK time) who can process the unlock request for you. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In which case what I 1st posted (except the warnings about 2nd-hand devices) still applies to devices not bought directly from EE, I'm afraid.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Obi1

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details from you.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.