by Carolmackie222 Investigator
Investigator

I've recently changed my two contract deals to sim only deals Was I right tdo so

I recently changed my 2 contract deals to sim only. I was assured I could get the latest phone in a month. Is this true and if so will I have £100s of pounds to pay towards getting the new phone ? Or should I change back to contract now ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: I've recently changed my two contract deals to sim only deals Was I right td

EE advised me to change from 2 contracts to sim only n said I could hold off till the new iPhone came out. But would that mean I'd have a huge deposit to pay with the sim only. Or should I just change back to the contracts that I was on ?

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I've recently changed my two contract deals to sim only deals Was I right td

If you are wanting the new iPhone that is due out this year then I would wait for that as if you change to a contract now you will have to wait 2 years unless you have nearly £1000

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator
Solution

EE advised me to change from 2 contracts to sim only n said I could hold off till the new iPhone came out. But would that mean I'd have a huge deposit to pay with the sim only. Or should I just change back to the contracts that I was on ?

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolmackie222 it will depend on what tariff you take out when you up grade to a full contract. 

I took out a sim only contract in  April and because ive been a long standing customer I can upgrade to a full contract at any time I wish, and I will still have to pay any upfront cost towards a new device if there is a cost but it will depend on what tariff I go with. 

Investigator

Did you have a full contract before you took the sim only ? I had 2 full contracts that were both due for upgrade, but wanted the new iPhone. Just not sure I should have incase I can't get the full contracts again when the new iPhone comes out. Not sure I'm doing a good job at explaining this sorry

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Carolmackie222  Yes I had a full contract but I went with a sim only on my upgrade  as I want the next iPhone and I can now get that.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Carolmackie222

Thanks for posting.

Do you have all the information you need from the community?

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.