by Malko07
Explorer

I have recently bought a ipho e 7 locked to tmobile uk. How to get it unlock.

I have recently bought a ipho e 7 locked to tmobile uk. How to get it unlock.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have recently bought a ipho e 7 locked to tmobile uk. How to get it unloc

@Malko07   If the device was part of someone's contract ( and it would of been )  then the device will not be unlocked for 6 months starting from the time of purchase from EE.   

The iPhone 7 hasn't even been out yet for 6 months yet,  so it will not be unlocked yet even if you make a unlock request.  

You you need to know how long the  original owner has had the device you can then work out what the six month period will be before you can request it to be on locked.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where you buy it? Did you get it new direct from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Malko07

As far as I'm aware you don't need to have the phone for six months if you've brought the phone second hand. Smiley Happy

"Non EE Customer (Second-hand devices)

If you’re on pay monthly and you've bought a second-hand device, you won’t be able to unlock the device using our online form.

If you're not with EE, Orange or T-Mobile, but have a device locked to EE, please call us on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4). We can unlock most devices for £8.99. It will take 10 days to unlock the device after the request has been submitted. "

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox: Even when the sale/transfer by original owner involved a breach of contract? The 2nd hand buyer has no legal title in the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox  The 6 month period still applies if the original owner has not had the device for 6 months if it was a contract device.  It's 6 months from the time of sale to the original owner.  And purchasing a 2nd hand device before that 6 month period is still applicable. 

And the iPhone 7 hasn't been out yet for 6 months.   

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B

As far as I'm aware unlocking a second hand phone has nothing to do with the original owners account.

Information on EE's "Unlocking your device" help guide or @Karen_C's "Unlocking your mobile phone or device" sticky mentions nothing about six months for second hand phones or devices.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Inyourbox  No it hasn't but the device if it was a contract device still needs to pass the 6 month mark for it to be unlocked.   

The link you gave doesn't mention this as the device is not yours to sell for 6 months and if you do sell it your are breaking the T&Cs of the contract. 

by Malko07
Explorer

>From a person who came from england.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Malko07   As said in most of this thread.   The device will only be unlock if certain criteria are met 

1. The device has to over six months old and the starting date for this six month period is from the time of sale.  

2 The iPhone 7 has not even been available for six months yet. So even if it was purchased on  launch day it will not be unlocked yet.    It's also highly unlikely that this device was a  launched a device.

3 You need to find out how long the  original owner had this device so you can then work out the six month period before it'll be unlocked.  

Click THIS and it will take you to a website and on there you can see how old roughly this device is.   If it's not over 6 months and it will not be ( yet ). You can not get it unlocked.   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.