Highlighted
by losingwill2liv
Explorer

I have put my new sim in my new upgraded phone instead of registering on simswap

I received my new upgraded phone and sim today, keeping the same number. Unfortunately I put the new sim in the new phone, expecting it to work. When I did this the old sim instantly stopped working. 10hrs later I have discovered that I should have registered it with sim swap. Now it's impossible to do as there is no way to get a text message from ee which the process requires as I have no active phone. If someone knows the answer please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have put my new sim in my new upgraded phone instead of registering on sim

@losingwill2liv  If you’ve upgraded your number will automatically transfer to the new SIM card as you’ve upgraded.   Try restarting the device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have put my new sim in my new upgraded phone instead of registering on sim

Hi @losingwill2liv

Welcome to the community and thank you for upgrading. 🙂

As @Chris_B confirmed, your number should automatically transfer from your old SIM to the new one.

Is it fully transferred now?

When did you put the new SIM in?

Chris

by losingwill2liv
Explorer

Hi Chris's, thanks for your replies. I turned my phone on and off a number of times, in the end at about 9am I phoned ee tech support. The chap was great and needed to take the sim number to register it himself while I was on the landline to him. It worked, when I turned the phone on it was on the network. The only way to activate a new sim on an upgraded package is to use ee.co.uk/simswap before you install the new sim as you need the old one to be active for the process to work. Other than that it's ee tech support who can do it for you. It definitely doesn't happen on it's own unlike other scenarios. Thank you for trying to help. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me and sharing that information, @losingwill2liv.

I'm glad our technical support advisor was able to help get you up and running. 🙂

Enjoy your new phone. 😄

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.