by donilke Investigator
Investigator

I have locked phone on EE, how should i unlock?

I have locked phone on EE, how should i unlock? My brother bought me a iphone 7 but i'm using other network. Please help me, what should I do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: I have locked phone on EE, how should i unlock?

Hello @donilke there is no access to systems or accounts to process the unlock request through here I am sorry. 

If your brother or whoever got the iPhone is unable to unlock it you would need to call. If you have a Skype account you can try the freephone number +44800 956 6000 using options 2, 4. 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @donilke here is a link containing information on how to unlock your phone through EE. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...

Highlighted
by donilke Investigator
Investigator

Sorry for my english, but i need a help, i just got IMEI I'm not understand this phone... Where can i pay £8.99? I need online form for that or something, because i'm from Croatia. Thanks for answer!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @donilke to unlock a second hand device you would need to call EE customer service on +447953 966 250 from any phone using options 2, 4 (lines open 8am UK time) with the IMEI number who can take the payment and process the unlock request for you.

Please note that as mentioned in the thread posted above EE will not unlock a device that is less than 6months old. This means you will not be able to get the iPhone 7 unlocked until 6months has passed from the purchase date regardless of who first bought it. 🙂

by donilke Investigator
Investigator

But I can not make a call when you do not know English well, please help me to fill out the online form and I pay that money. I am not able to call because I'm from the Croatia.
This is my IMEI: ################

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are publicly visible. Thanks!]

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @donilke it is not possible to unlock a second hand device online I am sorry the online form is for existing users or past users who got the phone directly themselves and are/were the account holder. 

Your brother (or whoever got the phone from EE and is deemed the original account holder) can use the online form, but anyone wishing to unlock a second hand device must call and request the unlock over the phone. 🙂

by donilke Investigator
Investigator

If i get EE app on my Iphone,  can i unlock him on that way?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @donilke you would not be able to no I am sorry the app is for existing users who have a mobile not to log in with and does not have an option/setting for unlocking phones anyway. It would have to go through phone customer service or the account holder who originally got the iPhone can use the online form. 🙂

by donilke Investigator
Investigator

what is the easiest to work with? brother does not have a profile that does not know how he bought the phone is locked only to EE network i do not know what to do to unlock it, and I can not call because I do not have the credit to your country. Please if I can leave here my IMEI and check form or something...

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @donilke there is no access to systems or accounts to process the unlock request through here I am sorry. 

If your brother or whoever got the iPhone is unable to unlock it you would need to call. If you have a Skype account you can try the freephone number +44800 956 6000 using options 2, 4. 🙂

by donilke Investigator
Investigator

Should i send a text message or call?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @donilke you will need to call EE do not have a text service for unlocking phones and any text messages sent to those numbers cannot be read or replied to. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @donlike

As @Profile closed has explained the only way for you to request an unlock for the device is to call Customer Services.

The most important thing is the iPhone 7 is only now coming up to the 6 month mark.

You can only request a device to be unlocked once it is has been on an account for 6 months, unless the phone was purchased outright as a pay as you go phone.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.