by ritesounds Contributor
Contributor

I have Unlimited calls plan can I use to call from Australia to United Kingdom

I am on a Unlimited calls & Unlimited text plan on my mobile so will I be charged any extra if I make calls Australia to United Kingdom 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: I have Unlimited calls plan can I use to call from Australia to United Kingd

Hello @ritesounds yes roaming must be enabled or you will not be able to use your phone abroad. Text the code ROAMING to 150 to check/enable roaming on your account. If you are already in Australia you will need to enable it by logging in to MY EE online and navigating to MY EE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

If you are unable to online you can also enable it through customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone (lines open at 8am) or by accessing Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

EE do not allow data to be used on a pay per basis abroad the same as in the UK - if you use up all your data you will redirected to http://add-on.ee.co.uk to purchase more. 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I have Unlimited calls plan can I use to call from Australia to United Kingd

Hello @ritesounds which plan do you have? When did it start?

Only certain legacy plans and the new MAX plans from May this year include calls when roaming in Australia. 🙂

Contributor

12m Sim Max -4gb it started on 20th August 2017 it is a monthly plan it also has 9gb -thanks

Sent from my iPad
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ritesounds yes you can use your new MAX plan allowances when roaming in Australia:

https://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad#destinations

🙂

Contributor

Hi-Tom222-thanks for replying so quick-I didn't know much about the plan as I didn't want the plan to start until I landed in Australia- also I turned of my roaming ski don't get charged-also I I have turned off my roam on my phone would that stop me getting on to the internet explorer as I have no internet now- thanks again

Sent from my iPad
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to turn roaming ON on your phone to use IE to browse & use data, unless you are connected to some local WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @ritesounds yes roaming must be enabled or you will not be able to use your phone abroad. Text the code ROAMING to 150 to check/enable roaming on your account. If you are already in Australia you will need to enable it by logging in to MY EE online and navigating to MY EE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

If you are unable to online you can also enable it through customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone (lines open at 8am) or by accessing Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

EE do not allow data to be used on a pay per basis abroad the same as in the UK - if you use up all your data you will redirected to http://add-on.ee.co.uk to purchase more. 🙂

View solution in original post

Contributor

Hi Tom222-thanks again for your help-will flag all your comments-so you are saying it doesn't matter how many calls I make & how many texts I send i don't get charged any more on my phone bill when I phone from Australia to Uk this plan-Thanks Mate

Sent from my iPad
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @ritesounds yes that is correct. Enjoy your time away in Australia and come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Contributor

Will do & thanks again for all you knowledge it's taken me 3 days to find out things -then you solve the problem in less the 30mins-thanks again mate

Sent from my iPad
Contributor

Thanks for replying- I found the information you posted very helpful-tanks again 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Happy to help @ritesounds hope to see you round again soon. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ritesounds

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

Have an amazing time!

Contributor

Re: Unlimited calls plan for call from Australia to United Kingdom

Hi Leanne- the reason I ask about my 12M Sim Max 4gb plan was I because I was not sure if made calls from Australia to the United Kingdom that I would be & be charge for any call I made because the plan I got did stated  Unlimited calls & texts- so Tom222 came back say I can call the uk from Australia & no extra charges would go on my bill -as I didn't want a high bill to pay at the end of the months after thinking  the calls I make didn't come in my monthly plan-so is that the the correct information Tom222 gave me that any calls I make in my plan that I will just be paying the monthly charge-Tom222 sounded like knew  a lot about the plan I was on-I await your reply

by

Hi @ritesounds,

Your 4GEE Max Plan started after the 10 May 2017 will include calls back to the UK as part of your allowance.

For full details see our Roaming information for Australia>

Thanks, Leanne.

Contributor

Hi Leanne- thank for replying-I didn't start 12M Max phone plan until 21st August 17-so I thank you what you said in you replied email you sent to me-saying making the call from Australia to United Kingdom would not be give extra charges on my bill-thanks again for you help

Sent from my iPad
by

No problem @ritesounds

Have a great time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.