by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I don't understand what the 4GEE wifi mini does...?

Good Morning @Vicky9

Thanks for posting on the community.

Did you order your new phone online, over the phone or instore?

How long have you had the WiFi device?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by Vicky9 Investigator
Investigator

I got it in store in Dec I think ivery turned it on all off twice since getting it. But reading through theses posts it works off of mobile single so if I didn't have mobile single and wanted to use it i still wouldn't be able to so now I'm locked in to paying till the contract ends 

by

Hi @Vicky9

Do you get signal on your phone at home?

Have you spoken to the store in question about the WiFi device not being requested?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Vicky9 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I do. Plus I have ee broadband at home. No I have not been back to the store as I very rarely go to town due to long hours of work and when I finish they are closed

by

Thanks @Vicky9

I would suggest speaking to the store and letting them know what has happened so they can look into this for you.

If you enter the store you visited into the EE store finder this will provide contact details you can use.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Jonwebber
Explorer

Hi,

I got a WiFi mini with my latest phone contract but was led to believe it was free so when it didn’t work and we didn’t use it I wasn’t bothered. I’ve just found out though I’ve been paying for it every month. I am really upset that I’ve been duped like this as I wouldn’t normally pay for something that was faulty and useless to me. I believe I’ve been mis-sold this and am not happy. Please help?

regards

Jon

by

Hi @Jonwebber

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you're not happy with the way that your account was set up.

Was this taken out directly with EE?

If so, did you take it out in-store, online or over the phone?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by Jonwebber
Explorer

Hi Chris,

I took it out directly with EE instore. Unfortunately they have been unsympathetic and unhelpful and now the IPhone 5s that I bought has now developed a terrible fault where it keeps switching itself off all the time and sometimes it takes ages to come back on. An early upgrade will cost me £140 which isn’t great paying for these things that don’t work?

can you please help?

regards

jon

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @Jonwebber

I've sent you a private message to get a little more information from you.

Please have a look at your community inbox.

Thanks

Chris

by Johnie
Explorer

Appears as if my wife has fallen bictim of a similar sales technique, she was told the mini wi fi would be supplied free of charge and that she would only ever pay £54 per month throughout the term of the contract for the phone...no other costs, I was puzzled when she came home with this device and could not understand what benefit it would offer over a phone which is already 4g enabled, she does not require more data and more costs at what looks like £11.70 per month and two contracts, I’d prefer if she could take it back to the shop, she feels like she’s had the wool pulled over her eyes and the sales person was disingenuous. 

by Johnie
Explorer

by Vicky9 Investigator
Investigator

It's a big con to be honest I pay £10 a month for something I don't use or even switched on. Been told nothing can do as it's contracted the only thing i can do is pay EE £10 a month for nothing in till the contract runs out end of 2019 so it's a win on there part getting money. I'm getting nothing 

by WSussex
Visitor

As said this a big con, a scam.

My family have been with Orange/EE for 20+ years.

In July we updated 3 phones and agreed an internet contract in the local EE shop.

The sales guy then said as good customers he would see what he could find to give us free - we said we didn't want anything but he persisted.

He came back with a 'free' 4GEE Mini'. We again said we had no use for it but he again said we might as well take it as it was free.

Back at home we chucked it in a draw and forgot it until last week when I wondered what it really was, and then asked online how we could use it.

Replies worried me and I checked our latest bill and the papers we had signed in the EE shop.

Sure enough hidden in the stack of papers, we had signed a £10+ a month for this useless device.

NOTE that in the store you sign on a small electronic display and are only presented with printed papers as you leave.

Today we returned to the shop and demanded a contract cancellation. This was refused until I presented a printout of this Community feed on this subject.

Reluctantly they cancelled the 4GEE contact. We will lose the first £10 month payment but we wait now to see if EE honour the cancellation. if they don't they will get more than an earful from us.

Misleading customers in this way is very sharp practise and does EE no credit at all.

Difficult Yes, but read contracts carefully and don't believe the salesman who says he is trying to get the best deal for you, especially if he works for EE.

by

Hi and welcome to the community, @WSussex.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and that you believe you were mis-sold your 4GEE Mini WiFi in one of our stores.

I'm happy to hear that they've agreed to rectify this by cancelling the plan.

If you haven't already, I recommend contacting our complaints team to make sure something is logged against your account.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.