by shawdanne Investigator
Investigator

I am unable to call or text from my iPhone in the Canaries - iMessage work fine

My iPhone won’t send texts or make calls in Gran Canary- all imessages and WiFi calls are ok! The 150 number is not available!  I have a relative in hospital I need contact! 

12 REPLIES 12
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Re: I am unable to call or text from my iPhone in the Canaries - iMessage work f

Hi

@shawdanne. Try log to your EE account on website via WiFi to check if roaming is ON. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I am unable to call or text from my iPhone in the Canaries - iMessage work f

Hi @shawdanne,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you been able to use your phone previously or has it not worked since you arrived?

Do your phone show you are connected to a network?

Do you hear a recorded message if you try to make a call?

Thanks

James

Investigator

WiFi is on ; all itexts working and WiFi calls working - can receive texts but cannot send, network provider is Movistar. Cannot make calls u nless thru WiFi! Important that this is resolved ! 

by

Thanks @shawdanne

What happens if you try to make a call?

Do you hear a recorded message?

James

Investigator

WiFi is on ; all itexts working and WiFi calls working - can receive texts but cannot send, network provider is Movistar. Cannot make calls u nless thru WiFi! Important that this is resolved.

Investigator

Roaming is on!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shawdanne  You have wifi calls ?  How because this is UK only and will not work when abroad.  

Did you enable roaming in your account before you left the UK ? 

Investigator

I get a recorded message saying this service is not available! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shawdanne  Not on your device but on your EE account 

Investigator

No idea where that is - have looked thru all seems to be ok  my partner has same phone same provider and his is working perfectly! When I ring 150 this service is not available either! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shawdanne   You can not call customer services if roaming is not enabled.  You can use your partners phone to call customer services and request roaming to be enabled on your account.  

by

Hi @shawdanne,

It looks like there is a international calling bar on your account.

If you login to My EE you can chat with customer services online. They'll be happy to remove the bar for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.