This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by
EE Community Support Team

How to activate your new EE SIM Card

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

From time to time you may need to change your EE SIM card. Depending on the reason for the new SIM card you may or may not need to activate it online.

Here is a quick guide on what you need to do.

sim table 3.png

If you need to activate your SIM card online you will need an EE signal on your old SIM so you can receive a text.

During the activation process you will be asked for your new SIM serial number. It’s located underneath the barcode on the letter that came with the new SIM (see below). You will need to enter a 14 digit number so it’s important to include the 2 numbers in brackets at the end.

sim serial.jpg

A few points to bear in mind…

• If you have upgraded your phone and your old SIM card is the correct size you can continue using it

• When upgrading from an Orange or T-Mobile plan to EE you won’t be left without service, your old SIM will continue to work until your number transfer completes

• If your new SIM card fails to activate for any reason please get in touch with customer service

I hope this helps you get started, thanks for reading.

As always, please hit reply if you have any questions.

James

EE Community Team

122 REPLIES
by
Visitor

Re: How to activate your new EE SIM Card

Hi James, I am trying to activate my new SIM card after an upgrade. I put my mobile phone number into the sim swap and when it says it's sent me a text with a pin code, I never receive the text. I am definitely receiving a signal and other texts. After I click the send text button, my phone receives a message which tells me messaging has closed. Could you shed some light on this for me please?

thanks, Kate 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Mshmummy

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your upgrade up and running.

Does your new phone take a different size SIM?

If it's the same you can just pop your existing SIM into your new device and start using it.

If you do need to register the SIM try re-booting your device and retrying the registration.

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Explorer

I have been waiting for my sim to register since 8:30 am I have got work at 4pm and the man cancelled my old sim so I have got no phones working and it will cost me £150 if I can't go to work, how long does it take??? I had no need to use this sim as my old one was the same
by

Hi @Rabby77,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did you upgrade via a 3rd party dealer or with EE direct?

Thanks

James

by
Explorer

I upgraded through EE it is still not working I am getting annoyed now
by

Good afternoon @Raby77.

I have replied to your message now.

Thanks.

by
Visitor

Hi I have upgraded my device and was sent a new sim card along with it. It has been more than 24 hours, but it still says No Service. I have restarted my phone, and know that there is signal where I live, so I'm not sure what is wrong with it? And i can't activate it with a pin because there is no service to recieve the text from EE.

by

Hello there @angil.

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have sent you a private message with a link to the chat team.

They can get this looked into for you.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have done this process a few times now to try and activate my new sim however I go through the steps, I receive the text and enter all the information needed but it then redirects me back to the start saying that the mini sim activation service is temporarily unavailable. Does this mean the site is down? Or is there something wrong with my number/sim? 

Thanks, Lauren 

by
Visitor

Hi, I uprated my phone a week or so ago and I was told i'd be sent a nano sim, I didn't receive one so I ordered a free payg one off the website (arrived next day) can I transfer my number/contract onto this sim? It only has a 12 digit serial number.
by

Hi Reynolds_luke,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

It's not possible to transfer your contract onto a pay as you go SIM card unfortunately.

If you are able to pop in to an EE store, they will be able to give you a new SIM card.

Hope this helps.

James

by
Explorer

Hi James,

I lost the piece of paper with the 14 ddigit serial number on. There's only 12 numbers on the new sum card. Is there any way ee can tell me the last two or will I need a new sim. Thanks
by

[ Edited ]

Hello there @char3.

No the customer service team can get these numbers for you.

Is the SIM with us on pay as you go or contract?

Speak soon Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

I received my new upgrade yesterday afternoon and the advisor in store put the new sim card in my new phone (around 5pm). The new phone still does not have any service, and will not let me make calls or send messages. I thought this would take 24 hours max?
by

[ Edited ]

Good morning @Zoe1985

Welcome to community Smiley Happy

I hope as I type this message that your phone is now active?

If not, have you tried turning the phone off and then on again?

Thanks 

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi

Really hoping someone can help!  

I upgraded my phone and the new phone takes a different sized sim card. was given instructions to call customer services and select option 1, then 2, then enter phone number and then option 4...but that doesn't work. Tried to register the new sim on the online form on the EE website but do not have a 14 digit SIM number, i have a 12 digit one with nothing in brackets. (I have checked all the paperwork, packaging and the sim card itself for a 14 digit number).

Saw to look on the instructions on the forums to look up the ICCD number (am on android), i don't have that option on my phone. Downloaded an ICCD app which gave me a 19 digit number..some fo which corresponds with my 12 digit derial number.

Please, how can I register my new SIM?  If it requires a call to sustomer services what options do I need to select?

Claire

by

Hi @clozzer

Welcome to community Smiley Happy

Has none of the above information been able to help you get your sim card activated?

Just use the options to get in touch and speak to customer services if you need any further support.

Thank you

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

[ Edited ]

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply, but no, as my post stated, none of the various guidance I have found has worked. hence my message...... I dont' mean to sound rude but it is a bit like you didn't even read my post. I thought itf i laid out what I had already tried it would help move things along

Which team do i need to speak too (i.e. which opitons do i need to select when calling) as none seem to fit the criteria for my issue when I go through the menus and I don't want to sit in a queue to only end up with someone who can not help me 

I have seen elsewhere on the forums that support team have helped people by  the customer PMing the 12 digit code they ahve and the support team member looking up the 14 digit code at that end. Is that not a possibility for me?  That would be an excellent solution! Smiley Happy

Claire

by

Hi @clozzer

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I'm sorry if it came across as if I didn't read your post properly.

I did, however, hands held up I wasn't clear enough when I replied and I apologise for that.

We have no account access as we are a forum, but there may be something we can do.

Can you please advise me are you an EE pay monthly personal or pay as you go customer?

Thanks

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.