by ChanelleStephen

How to Unlock phone on orange

I have this phone on orange but I have a Vodafone sim I need to put inside it but it comes up with sim lock but I don’t have the password for it 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to Unlock phone on orange

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE/Orange or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

A SIM lock or a network lock? They are diff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ChanelleStephen

Welcome to the community.

Could you get back to us answering @XRaySpeX's question?

We'll do our best to help.

Chris

by Stefdrury
Explorer

I have an old IPhone 4S which I believe was originally on orange via a business contract. Am I able to get this unlocked, it’s saying it’s a software issue not hardware.

thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stefdrury   If it was on a corporate business account then only the account holder can request it to get be unlocked it, if it was on a small business or personal account then you need to call customer services and to request it to be unlocked.    If you are not the original owner of the device it will cost you £8.99 and it should be unlocked within 48 hours. 

by

Hi @Stefdrury

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I see @Chris_B has given you an answer on this already.

Give us a shout if you have any more questions.

Chris

Highlighted
by Stefdrury
Explorer

Just to say I contacted EE through their customer services number and they were brilliant!

Whilst they couldn't help me on the day (unlocking service was down) they promised to call me back and they did, bang on schedule. The operator was really helpful and we manged to get my phone unlocked within 36hrs for £8.99.

Will consider switching my account from O2 to EE based on what I've experienced.

Thanks

by

Welcome back @Stefdrury

That's great to hear!

Thanks for coming back and updating us.

We would love to have you with us 🙂

Have a brilliant weekend!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.