by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

How do I post

Broadband connected but no internet got amber flashing light 

had EE tech out said fault outside by engineer said no fault got broadband coming into the router bb2 , done loads of tests on my 3 rd router , user name and password correct on router system log just repeats PPP sending PADI any help please got another engineer out Wednesday 

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Broadband connected but no internet

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB?

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Broadband connected but no internet

Hi been with EE for years , internet says disconnected no ip address just 0.0.0.0 it’s for fibre broadband on a bright box 2 , phone line is fine and it gives me the correct number when I phone , thanks for quick reply 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What about the BB username? Is it readytoconnect@fs or your correct username?

When did it last work? Have you changed your package recently?

Try factory resetting router, not just rebooting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Its my my user name 

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

It’s been off since the 6th of January , was told due to a fault miles away , that was all sorted in days and I’ve still got no internet 

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Done the factory reset as well , getting a bit of a pro at doing it now lol

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, it's either a network fault before it reaches EE or EE has removed your creds from its authentication server.

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

I asked about the authentication server when I was on the phone and they told me , that it was impossible that my creds had been deleted , don’t think they really know what they are doing 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OTOH: If it were a network fault before the EE network the usual is the hand-off to EE is broken & I would expect a BT Wholesale page to come up basically saying it doesn't know where to go. 

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

I just get a blank page saying no internet connection 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's just from the browser, not the network.

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Sorry not that good with broadband stuff just what I have learned the last three weeks ,over the phone with EE staff trying to fix it 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's OK.

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help guess I will have to wait till Wednesday for someone else to come and look at my box , and blame somebody else x

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jaydee25

Please keep us updated when someone comes to take a look at the box.

Have a great Sunday.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Guess what it wasn’t an ee engineer , but the same bt engineer that came out last time , did all the same tests and said everything fine there end , got back on phone to EE and they went through all the usual tests again , my new router was showing up as a bright box 1 so back to the old router , was told it’s a ppp problem and they will get in touch with BT to sort it , will take up to four days , so fingers crossed , not holding my breath tho

by

Thanks for the update @Jaydee25

Hopefully it won't take long to fix, now they know what's causing the problem.

James

by Jaydee25 Contributor
Contributor

Guess what still no internet got another bt engineer coming out on monday , to tell me there is nothing wrong there side , a whole month without internet not acceptable anymore think I be changing providers soon

by

I hope you don't change providers @Jaydee25

I'm sorry to hear you've been without internet for so long, please keep us up to date with what happens Monday.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.