This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by
EE Community Support Team

How do I pair Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G) with my iPhone?

This information is no longer up to date.

For the latest information see How do I pair Apple Watch Series 3 with my iPhone?

If you're lucky enough to get an Apple Watch Series 3(GPS + 4G) you may find that it takes a while to go through the set-up process please don't keep logging in as this may slow it further; all you need to do is press "login" once and let the system do its thing.

If you press the login button multiple times it may even slow things down further. Remember however that even if it takes a little while to set up your data plan, you will still be able to connect your Watch and iPhone via Bluetooth until the mobile data set up is complete.

My Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) was bought at Argos, Apple, John Lewis or somewhere else; how do I pair it with my iPhone?

If your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) was bought somewhere other than EE the gift recipient will need to know his or her My EE logins and be the bill payer or account holder to pair their Apple Watch - you can't do this for them unless you are the bill payer or account holder.

In order to use the full data and calling capabilities you will also need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model (included SE) and be running the latest iOS Software. (If My EE seems slow to register please don't try to log in multiple times as this will slow down the process even more and may result in an error.)

If you need a little support with My EE please have a look at our getting started support page and the simple step by step guide for pairing a Bluetooth device with your Apple Watch

I bought an Apple Watch on my contract as a gift for someone; how do I pair it with their iPhone and contract?

If you bought an Apple Watch on contract as a gift for someone else, the Apple Watch and mobile number must both be on the same account with EE. If this is not the case, you may need to call 150 to get data set up correctly on the Watch. (We may need to do a credit check on the person who will be using the Watch.)  

My Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) was bought direct from EE; what will I need to do to connect it with my iPhone?

To pair your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) you will need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model (including SE) and be running the latest iOS Software>

If you already have Apple Watch Series 3 and you have purchased or upgraded to a new iPhone that you want to switch to, if you use Quick Start your pairing will transfer across to your new iPhone. If you do need to unpair your Apple Watch see our unpairing support article, and please be sure to always select KEEP PLAN when unpairing.

Simple steps to get you set up

Please note that if you do have any issues setting up your mobile data plan on your Apple Watch you can skip the "Set up Mobile Data" step and still use the watch for texts and calls in proximity of your iPhone.

We're anticipating that a lot of people will want to set up their new Apple Watch Series 3 over Christmas and this can take a little time, so please bear with us as our systems go through the process.

The steps below will guide you through pairing your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G) to your iPhone on your EE account.

What will I need to set up my Apple Watch to my iPhone?

To pair your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G) you will need to have an iPhone 6 or a newer model and be running the latest iOS Software>

You will also need to make sure:

• Bluetooth is turned ON - within your iPhone > Go to Settings > Bluetooth > make sure it's toggled ON
  • Your iPhone is connected to 4G on the EE network.

Once you have done these follow the steps below:

1. Turn on the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G)

Read more

Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch until the Apple logo appears. This may take a couple of minutes.

Turn on apple watch.png

2. Put on your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+4G)

Read more
Hold your Apple Watch and iPhone close together – when the ‘Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch’ message appears, tap continue.

If you don't see this message then go into the Watch app on your iPhone and tap ‘Start Pairing’.

You must keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together to compete these steps.

Turn watch on and hold near iPhone.png

3. Hold your iPhone over your Apple Watch screen

Read more

Centre the Apple Watch face in the viewfinder using the back camera on your iPhone.

animation.png

Wait for the screen to appear that says ‘Your Apple Watch is Paired’

Apple Watch paired.png

If you're unable to use the camera, tap Pair Apple Watch Manually and follow the steps below.

pair manually.PNG

Now set-up your Apple Watch from a previous back up or as a new watch.

You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID if required.

4. You can now choose your settings for your Apple Watch

Read more

You can now go through setting up your Apple Watch, choosing your preferred options for:

Wrist Preference
Digital Crown Orientation
Passcode
Shared Settings
Watch Analytics
Emergency SOS
Apple Pay
Siri
Location Services
Accepting the Terms and Conditions

5. Setting up Mobile Data

5a. I purchased the Apple Watch from EE

Read more

In the iPhone Watch app select ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ and you will see the below screens.

mobile data direct.PNG

5b. I purchased my Apple Watch from Apple or another retailer

Read more
In the iPhone My Watch App select ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ and you will see the below screens.

Mobile data indirect.PNG

Then you will be directed to the set up wizard within My EE.

My EE set up indirect.PNG

Mobile Data set up indirect2.PNG

6. You now need to wait for your Apple Watch to sync

Read more

The time it takes to sync can vary.

Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are kept close together throughout the process.

Apple Watch sync.png

You'll hear a chime and feel a gentle tap from your Apple Watch when it’s ready to use.

7. Start using your Apple Watch

Press the Digital Crown - (on the right) to start enjoying your Apple Watch.

If you have any question just tap "Reply" below and we'll do our best to help. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions