Highlighted
by
Visitor

Hibernating SIM

Hi, 

It's been about 190 days since I used my pay as you go orange SIM, so I know it's now in hibernation. The problem is I'm currently in the US and can't call to reactivate it- is there any other way to get in touch with Orange/EE to reactivate it?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Hibernating SIM

Hello @Ms77,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry, but the only way is to ring EE via another phone, you can click on the contact us and find the number there. There is nothing that can be done in the forums, there is no account access here.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ms77

Thanks for coming to see us all the way from the USA.

@Schockwave is right and we can't contact you, you will need to call us.

Here is our What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it? support article.

It may be worth taking a look at that.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
Explorer

I visit the UK a couple of times a year and have a mobile hotspot with an EE SIM card.

If my visit is not within 6 months of the previous vist the sim card goes into hibernation and cannot be used. Is there a way round this

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tmgroves: After the 6 months inactivity you still have 3 months to call EE to reactivate it.

Why not during the 6 months you are away from UK send 1 text from it to somebody? It'll only cosy 60p.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. My problem is the sim card is in a mobile hotspot not a mobile phone and there is no EE network in Switzerland

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tmgroves,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If your SIM enters hibernation just give customer services a quick call and they'll reactivate it for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.