by Caroline17 Investigator
Investigator

Help with a faulty handset less than 6 months old

Hi I'm new to this and have never been on a forum before. I have a new contract with EE and a new HTC 10. The handset has a two significant faults, firstly its dopping signal all the time and constantly says call failed even when I have full signal. Also the text buttons are 'glitching' not sure how esle to describe it. I have returned it for repair but it has come back with the same problems. I know its the handset as while it was away I was using my old HTCOne which was fine. I just don't know what to do now though as EE have said they can;t really help other than sending it away again? or I could contact HTC? I've only had the handset for 4 months so technically it still belongs to EE. Does anyone here have any advice on what I should do or what my rights are? I'm so frustrated. Thank you very much

7 REPLIES 7
Investigator

Faulty HTC handset - help

Hi I'm new to this and have never been on a forum before. I have a new contract with EE and a new HTC 10. The handset has a two significant faults, firstly its dopping signal all the time and constantly says call failed even when I have full signal. Also the text buttons are 'glitching' not sure how esle to describe it. I have returned it for repair but it has come back with the same problems. I know its the handset as while it was away I was using my old HTCOne which was fine. I just don't know what to do now though as EE have said they can;t really help other than sending it away again? or I could contact HTC? I've only had the handset for 4 months so technically it still belongs to EE. Does anyone here have any advice on what I should do or what my rights are? I'm so frustrated. Thank you very much

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Faulty HTC handset - help

You could claim under the The Consumer Rights Act as not fit for purpose nor of satisfactory quality. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Help with a faulty handset less than 6 months old

@Caroline17 wrote:

Hi,  

Contact HTC support here and claim under the phone warranty .  

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: I presumed that the OP returning it for repair was done under warranty.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi thanks, yes it was sent away by an EE store under warranty. I spoke to them over the phone again this morning and they agreed to replace the handset - arranged a delivery time and everything but then half an hour later sent me a text to say that they were no longer going to replace it but won't tell me why. I am honestly at a loss to know what to do now. I don't think I can go to HTC direct as technically EE still own this phone under the terms of my contract - I don't own it until I've had it for 6 months which isn't until December. I have spent so much time trying to resolve this.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I see it, ownership has nowt to with its fault correction. You are effectively buying it under hire-purchase and are paying for it. You have the right to have it fixed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Caroline17

Thanks for coming here. 

We will need to get this looked into.

I have sent you a private message on here with a link to our chat team.

They can help you 🙂

Thanks very much.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.