by dickodudes Investigator
Investigator

Help... no internet but can't reset router

Hi

Earlier today I went to change my router password. All seemed ok but then my internet light on my router was flashing amber/red.

I logged back into the router and it seemed that the internet had been disconnected on the router page, I clicked 'connect' then logged back out but still had the same problem.

I then tried logging back in but my own new password nor the one one the back of router (tried both off back of router to be sure I had right one), neither would let me log on.

I have since tried unplugging and resetting but still can' get the internet to work or the light to stop flashing red, nor can I log into the router settings.

Anybody have any advice?

Thank you in advance (and excuse my long winded explanation and lack of the lingo I'm getting a bit old lol)

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Help... no internet but can't reset router

Which of these 3 router password, the router admin pwd, the BB authentication pwd or the Wifi pwd?

Have you tried a factory reset?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi thanks for you reply.

I have tried sticking a pin in the reset button for 8 seconds (not sure if thats classed as factory reset). 

Also left it unplugged all night to see if that made a difference...still the same with internet light flashing amber.

I was originally trying to change the Wi-Fi password.

Now I can't log into the router with either password, I have tried the router password but also tried the WiFi password, even my old password but just cannot log in at all 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you hold the pin in long enough until the lights started flashing? See Restore factory settings .

If you changed the WiFi pwd you should still be able to login with the admin pwd. Try connecting to it by cable in case the WiFi is mucked up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I just tried it again holding the reset button for about 30 seconds waiting for lights to flash but although they didn't flash it has solved the problem 

Thank you very much...sanity restored haha

by
EE Employee

Hi @dickodudes,

I'm glad you are now sorted 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.