This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Has support for orange online accounts really been stopped?

I changed my number a couple of months ago and was informed that my account is one that's been affected with an error that EE aren't bothering to fix. Wasn't initially an issue until I downloaded the my ee app and it won't detect my sim even though I'm on data. What are we supposed to do now?
7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Has support for orange online accounts really been stopped?

It won't let me login or register on either
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The MyEE app doesn't detect the SIM at all. It gets its info from your online a/c.

My MyEE reports on my un-inserted EE SIM perfectly correctly while running on an O2 SIM 🙂

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

The app is supposed to detect an ee/orange/t-mobile sim on a data connection (not wifi) and show certain usage without logging in.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

It works with an EE sim why doesn't it work with my orange one?

I've tried both the my ee and my ee for orange/t-mobile apps
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed

You're correct, the MyEE app is suppose to detect a EE, Orange and T-Mobile SIM. However, the MyEE app will only support Orange and T-Mobile customers until the 14th September.

The MyEE App for Orange and T-Mobile is also suppose to detect a Orange or T-Mobile SIM.

Whoever told you that you are effected by a problem that EE are not willing to fix, is 99% trying to get rid of you. You need to contact customer services again on 150 from your phone and ask them to get this investigated by the second line technical department.

You may be able to sort this out by asking customer services to send you a new Orange SIM, or you could pop into an Orange store.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You need to get the seperate EE app for Orange or T-Mobile accounts now...see this post for more details.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed

He has, he's said he's tried both the MyEE app and the MyEE app for Orange and T-Mobile.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.