Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone out there had problems with their Router please, turning off.

Yes I’m the same, both WiFi and LAN, 2 bars with external antenna. However my router froze before the external antenna and after. The replacement router is due tomorrow but I’m not holding out too much hope as you’re not the first to says that the problem carried on after router and SIM card replacement.  

Any way, we shall see. 

Thanks,

Simon

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Replacement router arrived on Friday and worked well until this morning when I got up to find it has also crashed.  Rebooted by turning the mains power off and on. Contacted EE support and they want me to contact them again the next time it crashed but not to reboot the router so they can run diagnostics.

Ho hum!

Simon

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @psimanc

Please let us know if technical support are able to find a resolution if it happens again.

James

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Update on the ongoing issues with my 4GEE router.  It froze again last night and as requested I left it on so that EE could run diagnostics.  What they're telling me is that the problem is being caused by a faulty mast which they can't gain access to until the 31st.  To be fair I was told about this when I originally signed up to EE a month ago, I do wonder what the restriction is that takes so long to gain access?  

Personally I'm not convinced this is the cause of the problem, as I'd understand if I was seeing a loss of signal or network connection but not why it should cause my router to effectively freeze.  I'll wait until the repair work has been done on the mast, rebooting my router when it freezes in the meantime.  To be fair to EE, and at their suggestion, they are refunding half of my monthly subscription for this month as I'm not receiving a full service.

Simon

Highlighted
by

Thanks again for keeping us updated @psimanc

I'm happy to hear our technical team have found the cause of the problem.

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.  Just thought i would let you know that the Router has been turning itself off again in the last few days.  All the lighst go out except the blue WiFi light, and there is no response from the On / Off button on the front.  Switch off at mains, switch on again, and all works fine. Bit annoying but still works fine.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Yes that's the same behaviour my router is exhibiting.

Simon

Highlighted
by

Hi @Pdoc and @psimanc

I've sent you both a private message for some more information.

Please take a look at your inbox and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris 🙂

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Thanks Chris,

Just replied, sorry working full time from home and it's a busy day!

Simon

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Mine updated to  19 firmware but still doing it. ?? Not a real problem but annoying. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Hi Folks, I thought I'd post an update on the ongoing problems I'm experiencing with my 4GEE Router freezing/locking up.

Firstly I'd like to thanks EE for their support, I spent a lot of time with one of their service guys 3 weeks ago and at the time as work was due to be carried out at my local the mast we agreed I'd wait until the work was completed and the see if the problem persisted.  I received an email on the 13th to say the work had been completed, though unfortunately this morning I received another email to say there was a problem near home which was taking longer than expected to resolve!

Over the past few weeks since April 3rd I've kept a track of the router lock ups and recorded it happening 9 times to date.  I have noticed that this only appears to happen during quiet periods and generally over night.  During weekdays I have at least one Windows 10 PC connected to the router LAN/WAN ports via ethernet cable and I don't believe the router has locked up/frozen during any of these periods which makes me think it's an issue with the router entering some form of sleep mode.

On the whole I'm pleased with both the 4GEE Broadband and the service EE have given, but this issue is annoying and looking at other posts here I'm not the only person being affected.

Simon
Highlighted
by

Hi @psimanc

Thanks for coming to see us 🙂

We appreciate the update and please let us know what the outcome is when the mast work is completed.

Thank you

Richard

🙂 

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi Simon. Having the same problem and over the past few days becoming more regular. However have to say that once restarted works fine, just annoying.

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @Pdoc

Thank you for your input on the matter.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

I've recently signed up for the 4GEE Router and I'm having the same issue.  When the router hasn't been used for a while - i.e. over night.  It goes into a deep sleep.  Just the wifi light is on, yet it won't accept new connections.  So you can't remote reboot it from it's interface.  

I've not yet contacted customer support with the issue but it sounds like it needs a software update to allow configuration of the sleep setting - i.e. don't sleep or sleep after 24 hours of no use.

Rather annoying problem.

Highlighted
by

Hi @BRGBert,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

Don't hesitate to get in touch so our technical team can help with this issue.

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

The modem was running firmware: HH70_E1_02.00_18

I've just done a check and HH70_E1_02.00_19 is available, so I've downloaded and updated with that. There doesn't appear to be any new menu items on the managment website after installation. (i.e. a sleep/power save config)

I'll report back if it makes any difference. 

Highlighted
by

Thanks for the update @BRGBert Smiley Happy

If the update hasn't resolved the issue don't forget to get in touch with technical support.

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

@James_B - Yup will do - replacements don't seem to have resolved the issue for people so it sounds like a firmware issue to me.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

That's interesting I did a check for an update on my router just now which still has firmware: HH70_E1_02.00_18 ve and it's still saying that my software is up to date!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.