by Vulcanman Contributor
Contributor

Harrier operating system update

Hi,

when are EE planning to update the operating system on the Harrier phone?

10 REPLIES 10
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Harrier operating system update

Would love to hear about the experience customers have with this EE device.

Its an android device sold under EE so they must have total control.  It should in theory have the quickest update cycle of the lot due to not having to go back and forth with the manufacturer to get them to make EE changes.

Mark

Highlighted
by Vulcanman Contributor
Contributor

Considering this has an Octa core processor and has only been updated to Android 5.1.1, it has been a total waste. You can get an HTC 530 with Android 6.0, yet this phone which has more going for it has sadly been let down by EE.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Have you ever asked why (contacted technical and escalated to a manager)?

Has EE stated its not supported any more?

by Vulcanman Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bellyman,

no I haven't. Will give it a try, and see what they say.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Let us know.

I'm keeping an eye on EEs support for Android devices and trying to get them to create a page for all the devices they support and a timeline of updates.  We'd all be able to see what is happening and when.  With a system like this you'd have had your answer to hand and an avenue for support. 

We need this.

by Vulcanman Contributor
Contributor

Well, had a chat on line, EE don't do os upgrades as it is the phone manufacturers responsibility. Strange how in the About Phone section the model numder is 'Harrier from EE'.

Pretty poor support for this phone since it came out, will not be having another EE branded phone.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Ask to speak to a manager because that seems wholely wrong

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi

I've picked up on this issue this morning.  I would like to know who EE blame for any delays in rolling out an EE update on an EE device.

I accept the may not be the real manufacturer and this is a white label device but EE sell this as theirs from them so all support and blame starts and stops with EE.

Mark L

by Vulcanman Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to Huawei today, and according to them, my phone, after giving them the IMEI number is not on their database, so is the responsibility of EE for the OS updates.

If the phone was manufactured by Huawei why is it not registered on their database? So the question is who is ultimately responsible for the phone?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

EE is responsible totally. This needs addressing by them. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.