Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Handover Board - Please post daily updates here

Hey Communiteam.

This is a place to share any updates and snippets that you've seen while working.

Has a Star got into battle with another Star? Tell us about it here so that the next person on shift and I can monitor it.

I'll post updates that you might find useful - if I hear about a new thing this is where I'll pop it.

Please spend 2 mins at the beginning of each shift to check if there are any updates and then when it's hometime please share if you think that someone else might find your news useful.

Tiff Smiley Happy

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
36 REPLIES 36
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Handover Board - Please post daily updates here

Thanks for the heads up @TiffJ  

The team are aware of this now.

Richard

🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I just edited one of Chris_B's posts because he included an image containing sarcasm and swearing aimed at XRaySpeX. I don't think it was particularly malicious but it was a breach of guidelines and XRay reported it twice.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Community-stars-private-board/EE-need-to-make-it-right-roaming-issues-...

That's the post, you should be able to see the edit in the edit history.

I've messaged Chris to let him know this isn't acceptable behaviour for a Star, particularly in the Stars board.
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Thanks @MichaelL

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Please see below a statement on the GS6 software update which we have been provided by Samsung. In short – Samsung has started rolling out the update to customers. Feel free to post this statement in community in response to the conversation thread on the topic. We’d suggest we state ‘we’ve just received the following information from Samsung on the update which is currently being rolled out’.. feel free to refer to it as you see fit for all other channels. “As part of Samsung’s Quality Assurance process the availability of new software updates is phased to allow Samsung to monitor the performance of the update and ensure a great experience for our customers. The Marshmallow update for the S6 and S6 Edge for EE customers went live from Tuesday evening and will continue to be pushed out to customers in phases over the next 10 days”

by

Hi All,

I've posted the update in the main Marshmallow thread and Bellyman has posted it in the security updates thread.

Cheers

James

by
EE Employee

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @Lee_H @James_B 

I have asked @MichaelL or @MikeT to merge his threads and give him a stern talking to. If he's a pain over the weekend give me a call and I'll send him a reminder of the rules as well.

Tiff 

by

Thanks @TiffJ

Have a nice weekend 🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

We've seen to it, sorry it took a little while to reply in here. Mike merged them at 5pm.
by
EE Employee

Asked @TiffJ If I could PM ed3925 to edit his mast post as he has posted pic of mast and land, didnt want owner getting hassle.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/EE-Mobile-Network/No-network-coverage/m-p/431846#M94395

by
EE Employee

User:Transmigrate1 

Is spreading the same conversation over numerous other threads.

I have asked him to keep convo all on his original thread.

Cheers

by
EE Employee

I have noticed the same thing. I have today received a text message that i have used all my 4GB of data but my android mobile is showing that i have only used 3.41GB out of my contracted 4GB. I rang EE and i was told that android is showing "just a brief guide lines about the usage" and accurate usage can only be seen on EE app. Funny part is also that I was told that i have used 60% of my 4GB on youtube (60%=2.4GB) while my when i checked in settings -> data usage it's showing 1.5GB foreground and about 200KB background on youtube.

Google helped me to realise the scale of the problem. Just type "ee cheating on data usage"

being spammed on all similar posts by: tflis007

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Glasto update: @Lee_H @Leanne_T @Karen_C @James_B @Richard_C

CHARGING FROM EE AT GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2016

PR STATEMENT

IMPORTANT INFO

“We are updating our charging service at Glastonbury 2016 to feature the Juice Tube Power Bank.  These portable mobile-phone chargers are available to purchase for both EE and non-EE customers online prior to the festival and the price includes an on-site swap service that allows users to keep their phones charged on the go.”

·      Last year’s Power Bar was recalled as a precaution so will not be accepted on site as part of the 2016 swap service.  Anyone still in possession of an EE Power Bar is advised to return these in store as soon as possible.

·      Please note this on site swap offer involving Juice Tube Power Banks is only in connection with Glastonbury Festival 2016 – we cannot guarantee this product will be part of next year’s festival charging service.

FAQ:

1. How do I charge my phone at Glastonbury 2016?
  2. EE offer two options for phone charging at Glastonbury 2016 –
  3. EE’s traditional Recharge tent offers free charging for all festival-goers regardless of handset type or what network they are on – the Recharge tent will support double the capacity of the traditional charging facilities available in 2015.
  4. For those who purchase an official festival Juice Tube Power Bank via the EE website -  https://accessories.ee.co.uk/festivalpowerbar - ahead of the festival will be able to use EE’s queue-busting swap service on site at no extra cost.  The swap service allows users to exchange their official festival Juice Power product once it runs out of power for a fully charged one each day.

1. How do I get a new 2016 Juice Tube Power Bank?
  2. You can purchase the new Juice Tube Power Bank online at https://accessories.ee.co.uk/festivalpowerbar either on its own or as part of the EE Festival Essentials Pack – it will be made very clear which one is for sale in conjunction with the Glastonbury on-site swap service. Any other portable charging product bought at this time will not be included in the on-site swap service.  The product will be posted out ahead of the festival.  More information on how to buy this year’s Juice Tube Power Bank will be made in due course.

1. What does the cost cover?
  2. The pricing for the new Juice Tube Power Bank ordered online prior to Glastonbury is as follows –

Product

EE & non-EE Customers

Juice Tube Power Bank

£20 including postage and packaging

EE Festival Essentials Pack*

(With Juice Tube)

Includes:

·      Juice Tube Power Bank (including on site daily swap service)

·      Waterproof phone case

·      Small canvas backpack

·      Poncho

*Worth £35 (RRP)

£25 including postage and packaging

1. Where will the charging be on site?
  2. The EE Recharge tent and Juice Tube swap service will be available at designated areas on site at Glastonbury – these will be clearly marked on the official festival map available via the app.

1. Can I purchase a Juice Tube Power Bank on site?
  2. There will be a very limited number available to purchase on site – but these will be available on a first-come first-served basis to all while stocks last. We cannot guarantee on-site availability. There will be availability of other portable charging products in our shop on site but these will not be included in the swap service.

1. I’m not an EE customer – can I get a Juice Tube Power Bank? 
  2. Yes, anyone can purchase a Juice Tube Power Bank

1. Can I use last year’s EE Power Bar this year?
  2. No, last year’s official EE Power Bar was recalled in December 2015 as a precaution due to very small number of incidents which saw the Power Bars overheat [in circumstances that could cause a fire risk]. These EE branded Power Bars will not be accepted on site as part of the 2016 swapping service and anyone who brings last year’s Power Bar with them will be advised to hand it over as part of our UK-wide recall. Anyone still in possession of last year’s Power Bar is advised to return it to an EE store as soon as possible.

The precautionary and voluntary recall was widely communicated from 16 December 2015 and people were advised to return the Power Bar to their local store to receive a £20 accessories voucher as a gesture of goodwill for any inconvenience caused.  This voucher offer ran from 16th December until 29th February – but has now ended.

1. Why can’t I use last year’s Power Bar?
  2. Last year’s EE Power Bar was recalled as a precaution due a very small number of incidents which saw the Power Bars overheat. EE did not want to take any risk and, as a precaution, launched a total recall of the product.

1. Glastonbury Festival has very strong eco-credentials – it doesn’t seem right that you can’t use last year’s bar.  Isn’t that wasteful & bad for the environment?
  2. Like all rechargeable battery products, the performance of portable phone chargers can be reduced over time or if manufacturer care guidelines are not followed. With the nature of the swap service we offer on site, it’s not possible to guarantee the quality of bars that would be swapped in and out at the festival if they are a year old and not in our possession, so we have refreshed every year. Additionally, last year’s official EE Power Bar product was recalled as a precaution – and therefore cannot be used at the 2016 festival. The safety of our customers and anyone using our products is our priority. 

We have a process in place for those in possession of an old Power Bar to return it to any EE store and we will take care of recycling the product safely and efficiently.

1. Isn’t the Juice Tube the same as last year’s Power Bar but just a different brand/design/colour?
  2. No – we are working with a new company who independently produce the Juice Tube Power Bank product. It is a completely different design, model and make to last year’s device.

1. How do we know there won’t be the same issues?
  2. We are working closely with Juice®– the number one portable phone charger manufacturer in the UK - who have many years of experience developing this type of product. The product has been through rigorous testing as standard and adheres to all required safety criteria.

To be clear, there were only a handful of incidents of our own EE Power Bar malfunctioning last year compared to the 1.5million bars we had in circulation – and no issues on site at Glastonbury.   We decided to commence a full recall voluntarily as our customers safety comes first and we aren’t willing to take even the smallest of risks.

1. [EE customers] Why do I have to pay for this year’s Power Bank when you gave me one free last year?
  2. In 2015, EE customers were offered the chance to get an official EE Power Bar for free – subject to stock availability – as part of a standalone customer loyalty offer. However, this Power Bar was recalled in December 2015. These EE branded Power Bars will not be accepted on site as part of the 2016 swapping service and anyone who brings last year’s Power Bar with them will be advised to hand it over as part of our UK-wide recall.  The EE Power promotion has subsequently ended and will not be coming back.

This year’s Glastonbury offer – of free swapping on site with every Juice Tube Power Bank purchased through official channels relating to this festival offer – is a standalone service associated with Glastonbury Festival 2016 only.

1. That’s not fair – I do not want to pay for another charging product when you had to recall the Power Bar?
  2. You do not have to purchase a Juice Tube or pay for charging at Glastonbury thanks to EE’s partnership with the festival. EE also offers phone charging completely free of charge in its Recharge tent on site. EE is doubling the capacity in its 2016 tent to accommodate as many people as possible and keep queuing to a minimum.  Last year’s EE Power Bar was part of a standalone customer promotion which has now ended.

1. I bought my Power Bar on site last year and have received no communications around the recall and have been using my Power Bar all year and it’s fine. I missed the £20 recall voucher offer as no one contacted me and therefore don’t think it’s fair that I have to pay another £20. What are you going to do about it?
  2. If you purchased your EE Power Bar through EE channels, either online, in store or at Glastonbury Festival 2015 and have valid proof of purchase you can return it to any EE store for a full refund.

Also, you do not have to purchase a Juice Tube Power Bank to keep your phone charged at Glastonbury.  EE also offers phone charging completely free of charge in its Recharge tent on site.  EE is doubling the capacity in its 2016 tent to accommodate as many people as possible and keep queuing to a minimum. 

1. But I no longer have the receipt? It has been a year since I bought it and I saw no communication around the recall or voucher offer. What can I do?
  2. [Take communication off social where possible – e.g. DM/email] Please bring your official EE Power Bar with you and visit our EE swapping station on site where staff will advise on your options.

1. But I do not want to queue to charge my phone in the Recharge tent – I liked the Power Bar swap service and as I missed the £20 voucher due to no communication I would like a refund.
  2. If you purchased your EE Power Bar through EE channels, either online, in store or at Glastonbury Festival 2015 and have valid proof of purchase you can return it to any EE store for a full refund. [Take communication off social where possible – e.g. DM/email] Please bring your Power Bar to the EE swapping station on site and speak to our staff.

1. How many Juice Tube Power Banks will be made available to Glastonbury-goers?
  2. There are tens of thousands of Juice Tube Power Banks available to purchase online prior to the festival. These will be offered on a first come first served basis.

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Morning @Lee_H @Richard_C @Leanne_T @Karen_C @James_B

FYI

Tiff Smiley Happy

BREXIT: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ROAMING CHARGES IF THE UK VOTES TO LEAVE THE EU ON 23rd JUNE?

We don’t expect any changes to our roaming charges in the event of a ‘Leave’ vote in the EU Referendum on 23rd June.

We always notify our customers of changes to our standard roaming rates, most recently in April 2016 when we reduced rates in our Europe Zone by over 65%.

We also send a text including details of our rates when customers switch their device on abroad.

To find out about all our current offers and standard rates for any destination, go to ee.co.uk/roamingcosts or text RO and the country to 150 (e.g. ‘RO SPAIN’).

You can now also check roaming is active on your account by texting ROAMING to 150.

by

by
EE Employee

by
EE Employee

by
EE Employee
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @Lee_H @Leanne_T @Karen_C @Richard_C @James_B

Just a quick update

I've given tahirmian a bit of a talking to - he's just telling people to call 150 and suggesting that they might get an even better deal if they do (grr)

I have asked him to check facts too as XRay pointed out that sometimes he's not accurate... 

Sooo - if you see that he's still doing that please let me know. He's not doing anything that breaks the rules but I have already asked him nicely once, and now again, so while it's not bannable behaviour, if he's telling untruths we have have to consider next steps.

Tiff Smiley Frustrated

60e5d99944e5e7b329f2c4548736879032cde4a0d0a47fa121bd40ec6be77e1f.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.