Highlighted
by saldianlahore Investigator
Investigator

Google Pixel 2 XL Unlock

I am not the customer of EE but i have the Google Pixel 2 XL which locked by EE UK. I purchased this in Pakistan and want to use Telenor Pakistan SIM. How can i do this, please someone reply.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Google Pixel 2 XL Unlock

@saldianlahore  You will have to call EE customer services to request a device unlock it will take up to 10 days to process and you’ll be charged £8.99 payable via a UK credit/debt card. 

EE will only unlock a device if it’s been 6 month since the time of purchase from EE if it was a contract device. 

The question you you have to ask yourself is why was a device that’s locked to a UK network sold to you in  Pakistan.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I doubt EE will currently unlock a second hand Pixel 2 XL as it's still less than 6 months old.  That handset was only released on Nov 15th 2017.

Investigator

Thank you for your reply. You are right, it is my mistake to purchase this locked device.

Please reply the two more questions:
1- If i have not the UK credit card, how can i pay the online amount.
2- I don't know the time of device purchase from EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed I think you can buy this handset in PAYG in-store so the 6 months isn't going to be an issue if purchased via this method.

But let's be honest it's likely a lost it stolen device. 

@saldianlahore

1. No, you need a UK account
  2. You need to speak to EE 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @saldianlahore

Welcome to the community.

I see you have already been answered on this.

Our customer service team will be able to help you unlock the device.

They will only be able to do so if the device is over 6 months old. It may be worth contacting the seller to see if they can give you this information.

Chris

Investigator

Unfortunately, he is shopkeeper in the mobile market. I think he dont know or may be, do not want to give the information.

so if my device is not over 6 months old (purchase time from EE which i dont know). What is the procedure to unlock the device. ?

by
EE Community Support Team

You can request for it to be unlocked through customer services, @saldianlafore.

However, based on the Google Pixel 2 XL only being released in November last year, the earliest we'll be able to unlock it would be mid May 2018 (and that's if the user got it as soon as it was released).

At that point, the customer service team will only be able to let you know whether they can or can't unlock it.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.