by Gabriella20 Investigator
Investigator

Given iPhone 5s on EE network pay as you go sim phone says sim not provisioned

12 REPLIES 12
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Given iPhone 5s on EE network pay as you go sim phone says sim not provision

Hello @Gabriella20 does the SIM card work in another phone?

Try a network reset by tapping settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after).

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Given iPhone 5s on EE network pay as you go sim phone says sim not provision

Have you put an EE SIM in it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

We can not try in another phone as all locked to other network and have tried the reset you suggest and still not working

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Yes and done network reset with no luck

Sent from my iPhone
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you used this SIM card before or is it brand new?

SIM not provisioned is almost always a SIM card fault. You can get a free replacement from any EE store.

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @Gabriella20 and welcome to the community.

If the SIM is not old or faulty it may be worth running a checkmend search this will advise if the handset has been reported lost/stolen which would stop the usage on the phone.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

It is a new one. I’ll try a new one tomorrow thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Will run a check as purchased from cex thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Will run a check as purchased from cex thank you

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Let us know how you get on after running the check @Gabriella20

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Have run the check and all ok. Which is good news will try a new sim tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Gabriella20

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Keep us updated if you can 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.