by Stravides Investigator
Investigator

Free Lookout premium will not activate - I already had an account.

I have already registered on previous devices, a Lookout account and when I recently took out EE insurance I noted that I had free Lookout Premium with the EE Insurance.

I have followed the steps of downloading - entering the account, even looking in Settings and Accounts - but am still on the free version.  

How do I go about having the full version on my account as when I see the upgrade it is asking me to pay using a credit card....

Thanks in advance..

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Free Lookout premium will not activate - I already had an account.

Ok so that was definately the issue - Once speaking with 150, they sent through an update - restarted phone - number was changed (prefixed with 0044) but that doesnt matter, and then tried Lookout and it upgraded successfully.

One Happy Bunny 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Investigator

For some reason also - when I look in the Settings of my phone - the number registered on there is NOT my mobile number - I think maybe this is why the free premium is not activating.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stravides

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you have recently joined EE from another network or changed your mobile number, please follow the steps below to update it:-

• iPhone – Tap Settings>>> Phone>>>My Number
  • Android – Tap Settings>>> About Phone>>>My Phone Number

Let me know how you get on setting up the Lookout Premium after that is updated.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Upgraded phone but same Contract/Sim/Number - told to keep SIM so no difference there - If I dial my number it works, just displays wrong on the settings page and not changeable therefore think this is why the lookout not registered as when I look in my account for lookout online it shows the "Wrong Number" as my mobile.

Will call 150 and see if they can send SIM refresh or something....  Will update when I know more.

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @Stravides.

Great idea, let me know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

Investigator
Solution

Ok so that was definately the issue - Once speaking with 150, they sent through an update - restarted phone - number was changed (prefixed with 0044) but that doesnt matter, and then tried Lookout and it upgraded successfully.

One Happy Bunny 🙂

View solution in original post

by

Spot prize.jpg

Thank you for getting back to me and for sharing your solution.

I beleive this will help other users who are in a similar situation in future.

As a thank you, I’d love to treat you to dinner on us. 🙂

I’m going to send you a private message – please reply to that message with your address details so that I can pop a restaurant voucher in the post.

Keep up the great work – it’s the people here who make this community a great place to be – and enjoy your meal out!

Thanks

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.