by Liamduffield Investigator
Investigator

Free Apple Music not working

Hi, I have activated Apple Music on my account through texting Stream to 150. I have had confirmation back to say that the 6 months free trial has started, and it is listed as an active add on in MyEE.

However when I try to use Apple Music, by clicking the "joined through EE" option, I get the message "you don't have an Apple Music membership with EE"

i am using the same email on my EE account as I use for my Apple ID.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Free Apple Music not working

Your email addy has nowt to do with it & may be different.

Check in your phone Settings whether the mobile no. it thinks it is is correct. If not, try putting the SIM in an iPhone or simple feature phone where you can change the stored no. manually. That should fix it.

Or call EE as generally a network refresh will correct the number which is in the device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liamduffield

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

Please can you text MUSIC to 150

Wait for the texts to come through and follow the instructions.

Please be patient as these may not be instant replies.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

The number on my IPhone is the same as it shows through the My EE app. What is a network refresh? Thanks 

Investigator

Hi Richard, I text to 150 a couple of weeks back when I originally signed up for the free 6 months, these are the replies I received from EE:

"Great, we'll add this to your account now. When it's done, we'll text you to let you know." and then

"Great news, your six months of streaming for Apple Music on us, has begun! Simply download or open the Apple Music app to get started."

As I stated in my original post, the add on is also listed as active on the MyEE app under my account login

by

Hi @Liamduffield

Does your correct phone number display in your phone's settings?

Check that the correct mobile number is showing on your phone: 

• iPhone – Tap Settings>>> Phone>>>My Number
  • Android – Tap Settings>>> About Phone>>>My Phone Number

• If you cannot change the number manually, try turning your phone off and on, then check the number again.
  • If the correct mobile number is showing, you may need to remove the Apple Music app and re-install.
  • Once done, Tap on the link in the text message to activate correctly with EE. 

If this still doesn’t work, we would recommend giving customer services a call, they will check to see that this is set-up correctly.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I have checked the phone number through the iPhone settings and it is the correct EE number.

I have also tried reinstalling Apple Music but I am still getting the error message "You don't have an Apple Music membership with EE." When I try and login though the "Joined with EE"

by

Hi @Liamduffield

Please now contact customer services if you have tried all the troubleshooting I have advised to try.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by lankymart Investigator
Investigator

Also @Liamduffield

Check what is displayed in the Apple Music app (just called Music on iOS). If you have the "Browse" navigation option and the "Search" navigation option shows "Apple Music" you have access to Apple Music if not go to "Settings" app in iOS, scroll down to "Music" and make sure that "Show Apple Music" is set to green (this happen to me, the "Show Apple Music" option was switched off). Without it, the app "Music" will never access Apple Music and just shows your local music library.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.