Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EU data only free in 5 countries!?

Hi, from today the new pay monthly sims state "EU talk & text roaming (Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany)"

Could anyone clarify if these countries are just an example of what EU countries are (?!!) or infact it only applies in those 5 countries?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EU data only free in 5 countries!?

Hello @ukguy they are given as examples. The different types of plans and their inclusive benefits (roaming etc) as well as a list of countries included can be found using this link. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-customers-after-17th-au...

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It doesn't appear as just an example but as a definition as it goes on to say:

Outside of Allowance

EU talk & text roaming    Standard

It wouldn't be saying that if it was an example. That statement is excluding the rest of EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I replied yesterday but my reply doesn't seem to be here!

I agree with XRaySpeX, it looks like a specific list of 5 countries. I was going to sign up for the 20GB £25 tariff until I saw this. I go to Greece in the summer and don't want to get back to have EE say to me "But we didn't say it could be used in Greece, it stated the 5 countries when you signed up".

If it is indeed an example, the developers/admins on the EE site need to add "etc" to the end!!

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ukguy the link I posted above contains a list of the countries where the included EU calls, texts & data for pay monthly SIM only plans can be used. You can also find this list on page 5 of the EE SIM Only price plan guide. :):

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/ee-simo-joiners-from041116-march-2017.pdf

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ukguy I've just done a live chat with a sales advisor the link tom has supplied is correct and all those countries are included they are just an example but it's very badly worded and not clear at all 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Damienw1 thank you for taking the time to confirm. 🙂

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed no worries Smiley Happy

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.