by IAmSpartacus Investigator
Investigator

EE novice, a little help please!

Hi Guys,

I’ve just signed up to the Standard Broadband + weekend calls, Speeds up to 17Mb/s service.

Just introducing myself and would like to ask a question, sorry in advance if its been answered somewhere else already (if so if some kind person could post a link that would be great)

I have received the initial welcome e mail from EE and reading through the small print (yes, you knew there must be someone that did) I read this under the section “Your New Router:” “It's important to note that we will remain the legal owner of the router which will need to be returned to us once your agreement with us ends. Please see our Price Guide at ee.co.uk/home for costs and how to return the router.”

I know that I’ve only just signed up for an 18 month contract, but the link does not show any cost / details.

Can anyone tell me if EE do actually require the router to be returned at the end of the contract?

Thanking anyone in advance who can help,

All the best, Spartacus.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: EE novice, a little help please!

Hello @IAmSpartacus welcome to EE. No if you complete your minimum contracted term the router is yours to keep. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @IAmSpartacus welcome to EE. No if you complete your minimum contracted term the router is yours to keep. 🙂

View solution in original post

Investigator

Hi Tom222,

Thank you for the information and your very quick reply,

All the best, Spartacus.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @IAmSpartacus come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

Investigator

Hi Tom222,

Told you I was a novice, you supplied the answer, but I labeled the wrong one as "solved", I hope it does not confuse people!

Till next time, Spartacus.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @IAmSpartacus no problem I have changed it for you.

Hope to see you round again soon. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not correct! It used to be that the router was yours to keep but not with recent joinings:

Home Network terms and conditions

3.9. We will deliver the Equipment to Your Address. We will remain the legal owner of the Equipment which will need to be returned to Us once this Agreement ends.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX it is written in the terms and conditions but EE never actually enforce it. I have checked with BB customer service.

They only request to be returned when the contract has not yet been completed. Why would EE want somebody else's old router back they had been using for 18 months? No.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.