Highlighted
by
Explorer

EE Rip Off

Anybody else finding EE are ripping them off left right and center! When I took my contract out it was £26.99 a month, then within a month or two they put it up to £27.34 and now I'm being told it will go up further! Sorry EE but I entered into a contract at £26.99 not £27.34 or more! I wouldn't pay you less than my contract so why should you be able to put it up when you please because of inflation? Some of us don't get payrises as often as you raise our contracts!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EE Rip Off

Hello @chris_wordley the only time your contracted monthly amount should increase is in March when RPI is calculated. 

Although I agree with your point, when you sign to pay £26.99 a month you should continue paying that until out of contract when the RPI increases should then start happening. 

There is is no account access allowed on this public forum to query your bill or any charges though here I am sorry, please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can check these for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed @chris_wordley   But it's in the contract that you agreed to when take it out the contract that you agree to the RPI rise.  It's not a hidden charge that's added each year as it's in the contract that you should be reading before you agree to the contract.  

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B It is the principle. 

When you sign a 12month contract to pay £20 a month (example) you should pay £20 a month for 12months as signed and promised. 

I have never ever agreed with these RPI increases and do not understand why EE even do them. It is like they want to penalise customers who are happy on their contracts and who wish to continue rolling it on without upgrading/renewing. 

I never said said they were hidden or disputed the fact that it is written in to the contract so EE can do it. I just think it is wrong end of. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  Whilst I don't agree with it I do know why EE do it.  If you had a business and can each year legally increase charges would you. Why just make new customers pay more when you can increase it for all customers.  

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B No I would not. 

These customers choose to remain on their plans without renewing out of loyalty, why should they be penalised and charged extra for doing so?

For 12/24months they have kept putting money in EEs pocket and EE just try and bleed them more!

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   And there's another reason you've just said.   Customer who don't upgrade but say on the same tariff when they reach there minimum term.   

Its in the contract that you agree to, so it's not like no one is aware of it.  And anyone who says that they are not aware of it and why has it increased should be reading the contract before they sign the contract.   

Im not saying I agree with how it's done but I know what to expect as I read the contract before I agree to it.  Most people just see shiny new toy I must have and at that point all sense goes out the window and people just sign without reading the contract. 

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I get that it's a contract and you sign up to it knowing full well what they can do. But previous phone contracts I have taken out with o2 etc... have NEVER upped their contracts whilst I've been within my contract period.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chris_wordley   Unfortunately EE don't do it that way,  it's all customers not just new contracts after March when the RPI kicks in.  

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

O2 also now in charge RPI on their tariffs every year as well as Vodafone and Virgin.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I have been mis sold a contract in store yesterday. Basically attended two days in a row and was told was getting a super deal only available today so felt pressured and also store closing so had to sign so did and then discovered that could have got same usage for half the price!! Felt so pressured and also called customer service to say can I cancel 14 day cooling off and all that to be told it doesn't apply! The chap actually said this is better than the deal you would get with virgin!! That is mis selling. Not only that but chap I just spoke to was so rude and said tough I'm stuck in 12 months I have flagged up that you might get double the money for a year but I will NEVER use them again! I am dumbfounded by the response from EE I had expected a price match or to have the 14 days that wasn't explained to me either and I spoke about it when being rushed to sign! 
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cath4  Store sales don't have a cooling off period as you can see what your purchasing only online and phone sales have this.  It was your choice to take the offer you could of just walked away and looked elsewhere and EE don't price match and can I just say virgin mobile is not EE it's a different network so why compare the two thinking you'll get a better deal elsewhere as you'll always find something that you think is better deal on a different network. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.