by Thompsonjuliak
Explorer

EE Pay monthly to PAYG not completed as promised

Before leaving to go to Australia for in November I phoned EE to cancel my monthly bill adn asked if they could please change my account to pay as you go, so that I could continue using the same number when I returned to the UK next year. I was told that was fine and that all I had to do was make sure I topped up at least once every six months. I had to pay out my contract until february and assusmed that as told that it would transfer over

I have now logged on to check when I need add credit as am coming back in July and my account is closed down. 

I would appreciated some advice as wanted to keep my number for ease sake and its not easy to be able to call EE or find a contact email or live chat link to allow me to discuss with them. Any advice on how to get this resolved? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: EE Pay monthly to PAYG not completed as promised

@Thompsonjuliak  You need to make a chargeable call/text within 6 months to keep the account active after this time it goes in to hibernation you can call customer services to reactive the SIM card but you need to do this before 120 days have passed after hibernation.  And you have to call do this. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Thompsonjuliak  You need to make a chargeable call/text within 6 months to keep the account active after this time it goes in to hibernation you can call customer services to reactive the SIM card but you need to do this before 120 days have passed after hibernation.  And you have to call do this. 

View solution in original post

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @Thompsonjuliak

Have you got the SIM card with you at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.