Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: Desktop link not working

Hi

Following my last post of two weeks ago can I assume XRaySpex has not been available or has my problem been forgotten or is there no resolution.

Regards

Robin

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you can't find any DNS setting it ain't there and so you can't change it in the MBB but you should be able to on your PC.

As I said earlier you don't really need to use the Web Connection. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Many thanks for all your advice and now consider the matter closed but not solved as it has not been, in that I can’t believe EE supply equipment that installs a link on the PC desktop that does not work as it used to before a software update and no one at tech support by their own admission have anyone who can give an answer.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RJB1,

I'm sorry our technical support team were unable to provide a solution, it's a very odd issue that I have never encountered.

Why not take up the offer of a replacement device?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi James

Thanks for your reply, I have taken your advice and taken up the offer of a new unit which arrived today together with a new sim, and have again followed the installation instructions, guess what still the same issue to which I can only assume it’s something to do with the latest firmware update as I’ve again installed it on a laptop that has never had on and still have the same problem.

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

HI @RJB1 

Have you tried connecting via WIFI to 192.168.1.1

Does that work at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lee

Have tried that and it works and have pasted to desktop thanks.

But have to say I still think this issue needs sorting why have a unit that installs software that does not work.

Many Thanks

Robin

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.