Highlighted
by hamleteer

Delay in unlocking?

Hello,

After putting in an ulock request for a PAYG phone bought in store on December 17th, I got a notice on the 24th saying it had failed as I had not registered (odd as I have a confirmation email on the 17th thanking me for my registration...).

I called up customer service and completed the registration on the 24th and asked for an unlock code.

I have now waited 11 calendar days and have yet to hear anything. On my first unlock request, I did get a confirmation email, but has not had one after asking customer service for the unlock.

I know ther have been a couple of bank holidays, but the first request was comparatively quick to process so thought I'd better check that my request has not been misplaced.

I am unable to contact CS from the phone without topping up further, so would be grateful for any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Delay in unlocking?

Hello @hamleteer sorry to hear you are still waiting for your phone to be unlocked. Due to the Christmas/New Year period there may be a delay in unlocking your phone.

There is no accounts or systems access allowed on this forum to check your unlock request, but customer service can still check up for you on 150 from any EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. Here is a link containing general information on unlocking your phone through EE. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...
4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @hamleteer sorry to hear you are still waiting for your phone to be unlocked. Due to the Christmas/New Year period there may be a delay in unlocking your phone.

There is no accounts or systems access allowed on this forum to check your unlock request, but customer service can still check up for you on 150 from any EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. Here is a link containing general information on unlocking your phone through EE. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hamleteer,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry that your unlock request hasn't been completed yet.

I've sent you a private message to take some details.

As soon as I get your reply I'll chase this up with our unlocking team for you.

Thanks

James

by Jaymz
Visitor

I too am suffering a delay in unlocking. 13 days now. I topped up my daughters PAYG phone as advised by the website and filled out the online form, the sim card and phone are all registered to my daughter. So far the credit balance hasnt changed and no emails have been received to confirm an unlocking request or any kind of updates.

~Any help please?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Jaymz

Welcome to community 🙂

Did you view the answer from @Profile closed earlier in the topic?

Please see below

Sorry to hear you are still waiting for your phone to be unlocked. Due to the Christmas/New Year period there may be a delay in unlocking your phone. 

There is no accounts or systems access allowed on this forum to check your unlock request, but customer service can still check up for you on 150 from any EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. Here is a link containing general information on unlocking your phone through EE. Smiley Happy

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-The-EE-quick-guide/td-p/390746

Have you checked your junk/spam email folder at all to see if we have contacted you this way?

What was the exact date of the request?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.