by hozza94
Visitor

Credit referral failed despite good score - any point of applying again?

I have been decline for a 12 month sim-only due to a failed credit check - even I have never borrowed money through loans or credit cards, meaning I won't develop a credit record for a few more years, and being in a fairly well-paid job as a recent graduate, which meant I could actually pay the whole contract up front if there was an option.

My point is, as I have decline through an order online, is there a point of doing it through one of the branch again (and risking failure again and ruinning my good score) or just stay with my current carrier (and let EE lose out on yet another customer through failing credit check on people with decent record)?

Also did a check on Clearscore and my score is better than UK average, what on earth is going on??

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Credit referral failed despite good score - any point of applying again?

Hi, 

Your credit score takes a massive hit when applying for mobile contracts so I wouldn't recommend trying again for another 6 months.

EE have their own criteria for offering services. EE haven't lost anything. 

No point sulking about it move on.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

it doesn't take a massive hit just for applying for a mobile contract

Everytime you apply for credit it affects your rating, and should be when applying for it and not do multiple requests for credit. most searches stay on your file for 12 months and the rating from clearscore is different to experian.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hozza94

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

I'd advise to please take a look at our How does EE use my credit file information? support article.

How does EE use credit file information?

EE uses customer data held by the credit reference agencies to come to a decision on any application you make.

The three credit reference agencies we use are;

• Experian
  • Equifax
  • Call Credit

In return for having access to this information we have a reciprocal agreement with the above agencies whereby we record a true reflection of how you conduct your account and update the agencies each month.

When you apply for a contract with EE, the credit search will be recorded on your credit file for 12 months. After this period, it will automatically be removed from your credit file.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.