by Benmaddox
Explorer

Costs to friends

Will my friends incur international call costs if they call my UK number whilst I am roaming in the same country as them?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Costs to friends

HI @Benmaddox

Which country you are in?

Not is EU and if you all have max plan it also includes 5 extra countries. 

Thanks 

by Benmaddox
Explorer

Hey,

So I am in the US on a max plan so I won't get charges either way but with my US friends on US networks I don't want them to incur any extra costs if they call me whilst I'm here. Do you know if they will?

Thanks

Get Outlook for Android
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI @Benmaddox

If you are in USA and call them on there USA number it free for you but if they call you on your UK number it will cost them as international call. 

But if your friends also have UK max plan then it's all free all of you from your allowances. 

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your US friends will be charged International calls according to their US network's tariff when they call your UK no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Benmaddox   If your on a max plan when did you take out this contract because only the newer max plans allow US calling at no charge to you.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Benmaddox and welcome to the community.

• Your UK friends will not get charged if they call you if they are in the UK.
  • Your US friends would be charged international rates unless they had bundles/special plan.

Your Max plan will only be valid for use in USA if purchased after May this year (2017)

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.