Highlighted
by username1212 Investigator
Investigator

Content Lock removal issues, pay as you go

Hi,

I'm trying to remove the content lock on my pay as you go 4gee osprey wifi dongle (I assume I'm counted as pay as you go, I buy "MOBILE BROADBAND PAY AS YOU GO ADD-ON"s that last up to 30 days at a time with top-up). Apparently I can't do it through My EE as I'm pay as you go (according to advice here: http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard ). That page tells me to go here (https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/anonymous-content-lock/ ) and unlock by putting card details in. First off I see a red box that says this content is locked on that page (is that intentional?), secondly, the white "Enter Credit Card" button does not work. I have javascript enabled, tried multiple browsers, the button just does not work.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Content Lock removal issues, pay as you go

I "resolved" my issue by using the Tor browser whenever a page gets blocked, I'm not playing EE's game. Bumping as I can't see a way to edit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@username1212  The best way is just to call customer services or you can pop in to your local EE store with ID. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @username1212,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues removing your content lock.

Please follow @Chris_B's advice and get in touch with customer care so a member of the team can remove the lock for you.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

James

Investigator

Thanks for the reply. The snide comment below is not aimed at you.

Slow clap to EE for making it as painful as possible to resolve issues. Great work. I really hope that you are heavily knee-capped from buying spectrum in the future.

Investigator
Solution

I "resolved" my issue by using the Tor browser whenever a page gets blocked, I'm not playing EE's game. Bumping as I can't see a way to edit.

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.