Highlighted
by
Explorer

Carphone warehouse liquid damage

Hi,

I recently upgraded my EE contract (2 months ago) to an iphone 6 through carphone warehouse.After about 3 or 4 weeks the phone would occasionally restart itself for no apparent reason. It wasnt a major issue as it was only evry now and again. However, over the last week or so it was continually restarting for no apparent reason.

I have taken the phone back to carphone warehouse and they have refuseed to repair it on the grounds there were signs of liquid ingress. This has surprised me as i have looked after the phone and its not been anywhere near any liquid

I have sought advice from the Citizens Advice and they have stated the burden of proof is on carephone warehouse to show that I caused fault. If they cannot do this then they should either repair or replace the phone.

Has anyone else had anu issues of this sort?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Carphone warehouse liquid damage

Hi,

For CPW to say there is liquid damage then they must have taken the phone in for repair and opened it up, is this the case as you haven't mentioned.

Unless the phone is insured (mobile/household) insurance then there is not much that can be done. You could pay for repairs yourself or have your own expert examine the phone and present the case to CPW if the results are different.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi,

Yes i took it in last week. I was tracking the progress on thier webpage and it said tghey could not repair it. I phoned them and they said it was ater/liquid damaged. I have yet to collect the phone form my local store. Apparently they do have photos.

When i contacted CAB they said it was my word againste theres and as its less then six months the consumer rights act covers this and the burden of proof is on CPW to show the damaged was caused by me. To be fair how do i know there wasnt a problem with the phone before i took ownership of it.

Also, how there are signs of liquid damage, i'm not sure? As i said i havent been anywheer any liquid with the phone

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @trebor74

Thanks for coming to community for support 🙂

I hope you manage to resolve things and have a working mobile as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.