Highlighted
by denysm

Cancelling a contract from abroad

Hi everyone,

I have already completed my 24 months of my monthly contract and am currently abroad, outside of the EU, planning to stay here for the foreseeable future. I am looking to cancel my monthly contract ASAP but don't want to call EE to cancel it due to the exorbitant fee of calling from abroad. Is there another way to cancel your contract, say, by email or on the website? I simply want to cancel paying monthly, and maybe keep the number as I will be back in the UK in the next 3-4 months. I'm currently not even using the sim card either.

Any help on what is the quickest/most efficient way to cancel would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cancelling a contract from abroad

There is no email contact & cancellation cannot be done online. It's either call or write to them to give your 30 days notice.

Write to:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

Your 30 days notice starts from when they receive it.

Or use the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

Cancellation also deactivates your no. To keep your no., instead of cancelling switch to PAYG. Send a chargeable text within every 6 months to keep SIM alive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Cancelling a contract from abroad

Hello there @denysm

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am very sorry to hear you are looking to leave us.

If you do wish to cancel your contract, @XRaySpeX has provided great advice for you.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.