by pedro1999 Contributor
Contributor

Can't top up online

I'm and Orange PAYG customer. When I log into Orange I get a warning saying that the Orange site will not be available after 29 Dec 2017. One of the options shown is to sign up for an EE account. This doesn't work as in trying to register the EE site does not recognise my phone number as a valid EE number!

Whilst the Orange site is available I have tried to top up there using debit/credit cards but that doesn't work. Each time it goes to authenticate with the card issuer, but all I get is a message saying that the transaction was not approved. Tried to top up two phones using two different cards  - same each time.

Plenty of other bugs on the website - can't add my email address or manage saved cards. The main problem though is topping up. If I can't do that then I might as well move elsewhere.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can't top up online

Is this 1st time you have used this card to top-up this phone? Sometimes banks are suspicious of 1st time top-ups as this is a common fraud with stolen card details but they should get in touch with you to check it's kosher.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pedro1999 Contributor
Contributor

Both of these cards have been replaced by newer ones since the last top-up, but they have been used previously before they expired.

In any case I believe its the Orange/EE website that is failing as it goes to a page where the card issuer should be asked to authenticate but the information from the card issuer (two different card issuers tried) does not appear, just a message to say that the transaction has not been approved. The web page is not rendering properly and I have no opportunity to authenticate the transaction.

by pedro1999 Contributor
Contributor

I've just used one of my cards to top up at a local cash machine and that worked fine. Once I got back home the same card does not work via the website. Seems like a website issue to me.

by
EE Employee

Hi @pedro1999 and welcome to the community.

I will certainly pass over your feedback to the relevant team.

Many thanks,

Lee

by pedro1999 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lee, any update on this?

Peter

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pedro1999,

I've contacted Lee to see if he has an update for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.