Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Can’t get repair, replacement or upgrade.

Been back to the EE store today, where the manager refused to do a sim check. 

Manager just tried to upgrade me instead on a far more expensive contract than a better contract I have been offered by Carphone Warehouse. Manager also tried to sell me home broadband.

So, I am no further forward with finding out if it’s my handset or the sim that’s the problem. Might just need to buy another sim and try it for a couple of days myself. 

Tech guy phoning back tomorrow to find out where to go now after the results of the sim check. Looks like he will be wasting his time as I will have to tell him it hasn’t been done. 

So so seems like my options are still pretty limited right now. Am probably gonna be pretty much forced into taking out an early upgrade contract with a fee of over £100. 

Meanwhile I still haven’t got any answers regarding whether my current handset works so that I will know whether or not I can sell it and recoup some of this money. 

I’m really not amused that I have very carefully looked after this phone just to be left out of pocket before the phone is even paid off. 

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @FJS498

When our technical team call, do mention this as they will be able to raise retailer feedback on this store.

The manager should have completed the task which technical support have set, I can only apologise on this.

Do let us know how you get on if you do purchase a SIM.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Will tell the technical guy what has happened when he phones, but don’t really want to get anyone into any trouble. 

I really just want to get a resolution on this problem. 

To to be honest if a load of trouble is going to be caused then it will put me off upgrading to another contract with EE ad I would be hesitant to go back into the store. 

As as per my original comment, I just can’t believe this simple thing has been made into such a big deal. Should have been no questions asked free repair so that I could continue my current contract with my current handset. 

Will update when I know more. 

Still don’t know if the issue is the sim or the handset. Manager seems to think that the problem could be the phone AND the sim, so yeah...

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @FJS498

I understand your frustration but as the iPhone only has a 12-month warranty we would be unable to offer any free of charge repair.

Do keep us updated.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Just to update on this. It seems like this has now been resolved. 

The tech guy didn’t phone today when he said he would, so I phoned EE to update them on situation and what was said when I went into the store yesterday and to see what could be done from here.

Long story short, because of all the hassle I’ve had so far and the fact that I’ve not had much help with this issue, the person I spoke to asked a manager what they could do. 

EE have waived the early upgrade fee, allowing me to upgrade now at no extra charge. The EE upgrade team also then price matched a good deal which I had been offered by Carphone Warehouse.

So overall I am happy with the conclusion. I was at the point of not wishing to deal with EE any further but now I feel that I have had some good service so I am happy to continue with EE. 

As as far as I know I should have a new phone by Monday (getting a Samsung S8, as I like the phone and additionally Samsung’s have 24 month warranty).

Still no further forward with discovering whether my current handset is faulty or not, but once I am set up with my new contract I am going to try this handset with a pay as you go sim over a few days phone calls to see what happens. 

If if the fault does not appear then I think I can say this handset is probably ok. Then at least I can sell it or trade it in I suppose. 

Overall a a good resolution, just a pity that I’ve had a bit of stress and hassle getting to this stage. 

Thanks everyone one for the help. 

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Sorry for typos, since I reset this phone autocorrect, predictive text etc have come back on and I don’t normally use them. 

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @FJS498

I'm happy that you have now had a resolution 🙂

If you need any further help don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Just discovered that the problem may not be resolved after all. 

Have bern told today that when I get the new handset I’ve just to put my existing sim in it. 

So so if the problem is with the sim then I will still have the same problem with the new handset. 

The whole ole point of getting an upgrade was supposed to be to resolve the problem by getting a new phone and sim. 

Pretty much feel like I’ve been conned into taking out a new contract now. 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @FJS498

Thanks for updating us 🙂

I'm sorry that you feel this way, however I'd advise to wait until the phone comes as there may be (fingers crossed) no problems at all.

Let us know what the situation is when the new phone comes.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.