This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by Tgaine
Explorer

Can not listen to radio using brightbox

Good morning folks,

Just a quickie, has anyone had any problems listening to online radio, (radio 1 or 2 or any commercial stns) since upgrading from the orange livebox to the orange brightbox.

Ever since I have upgraded I have not been able to listen to the radio online as it just keeps stopping after 30 secs, I have contacted support and they said its not there problem, well I think it is, perhaps the settings need changing or something.

Any ideas ???

3 REPLIES
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can not listen to radio using brightbox

How are you listening online, is it via an app or through a website ?

by mickpw
Visitor

This is driving me mad.  It's alright some of the time but completey useless most of the time. It used to work ok.

I have had two engineers visit.  The first said it was a s/n on the line problem and after a few attempts at a hard reset at the exchange it seemed ok for a bit.  The second engineer said the line was ok but monitored it for a bit with the pc connected by cable and said the router was faulty.

I've had a second router, moved the cordless phone two metres away from the router, performed numerous resets, changed channels and phoned about 5 times. 

The broadband light light on the router is solid but when it happens the data light stops flashing.  I have the buffering on the apps at maximum.

As well as loosing the radio when using the internet I often get a message that I am not connected to the internet or that a strem cannot be decoded.

Any help would be welcome.  Phoning is getting me nowhere.

by jonnyw
Visitor

I am having exactly the same problem, have replaced the brightbox and the problem continues. I know it is the router as when I use an old router I have I do not have the same problem (iplayer will happily stream all day). When monitoring broadband speed I can see it is around 17mbps but will then sudden drop to 0 mbps for anything from 10 seconds up to about 2 mins - this is clearly what is giving me the buffering issue. Throughout this break in data flow the Internet connection light on the router remains solid.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

JW

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.