Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by EE Community Team
EE Community Team

Calling us and using our customer service platforms

Update 2 - 2/1/2018 

The latest update from our technical teams is that services are restored and customer service both on 150 and online are becoming available again. We do anticipate there will be a large number of calls to 150 so there may still be delays in connecting to our teams, but we are making support available as quickly as we can.

We'd like to apologise again for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we worked through this complex system failure.

This post has been updated. To see the previous versions tap 'Read more' below

Read more

Original Post

We've identified an issue with a data centre that serves our customer service platforms, and our teams are already working to fix it.

If you've been trying to call us or use some of our customer service platforms, we recommend contacting us again tomorrow (2 January).

In the meantime we'll keep you updated here as soon as a fix is in place. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Update 1 2/1/2018

We’re aware of an issue that is affecting some customers attempting to contact us.

If you’ve been trying to give us a call, use My EE, or use our other customer service platforms, you may be experiencing difficulties. However this issue does not affect our mobile or broadband networks. Call, data and messaging services are operating as normal.

We’re working really hard to get this fixed as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, we'll keep you updated here.

Meanwhile, you may find an answer to your question or problem by searching in the Community. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always start a new topic.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Calling us and using our customer service platforms

Hi All,

The latest from our technical teams is services are restored and 150 and online service is becoming available again.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we worked through this complex system failure.

We do anticipate there will be a large number of calls to 150 so there may still be delays in connecting to our teams, but we are making support available as quickly as we can.

The EE fixed and mobile networks were unaffected by this issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

92 REPLIES
by EE Community Team
EE Community Team

Our customer service teams on 150 have now finished for the day, but our technical teams are still working on the fix and our engineers will continue to work through the night to resolve the issue with our customer service platforms.

We'll update here once the work is completed.

by EE Community Team
EE Community Team

Our teams have been working overnight on an issue affecting our customer service on 150. Fixes are still being applied to some services, we’ll let you know when they are completely resolved.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

by richard63
Visitor

my mobile is off network as of 31st december ,please advise asap

by Siany1985 Investigator
Investigator

I have no signal at all for calling/internet/whatsapp - anything! What is going on! 

by MaraGarcia Investigator
Investigator

Im currently in Spain and have not had mobile data since 30/12/17. Cannot contact the number for customer services abroad. Cannot log in to use the live chat either. What assistance is there for me? Thanks

by Fatherjack
Visitor

My mobile phone has been stolen. How can I report it lost whilst EE telephone & online services are out of action? I am currently housebound do cannot visit a store.

by stephend Investigator
Investigator

What genius decided it would be a good idea to have the online and telephone support on the same platform?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Miles, @Christopher_G@James_B I have read in some of the posts, that it is not only affecting 150 numbers, but all the other numbers too!

by Laurrzx Investigator
Investigator

My phones just not doing anything still cut off after paying my bill yesterday morning this is a getting beyond a joke none of the customer service numbers are working either !! 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Laurrzx, As you can see, EE have had a major problem and that is why you are unable to call them. Not really their fault if you got cut off for not paying your bill, and until all systems are up and running, they are probably not able to access your account to re-enable you to use your phone. Just make sure that you pay on time, or if having difficulty paying, then ring them before your bill ia due, or set up a direct debit, then your bill will always be on time.

by Readyraptor Investigator
Investigator

Your information is not correct I currently have no access to customer service platforms by any route - unacceptable and an effective breach of  contract through performance failure - there will be a charge for this . 

I have two EE numbers one on which I have calls; data and limited but not  fully functioning SMS or social media. On the second number no cellular service and therefore no SMS or other messaging service.

This situation has been on going in various forms for seven days now and I am questioning your resilience capability. As a leading BC Manager in the Health Sector this includes considering the position of a minimum of 15,000 users currently allocated to EE as a preferred network but with whom I cannot support the dangerous position you are now in. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It is to be noted that while MyEE is not working for mobile a/c's, it does work for Broadband.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Laurrzx Investigator
Investigator

Ive rang them plenty of times to organise a direct debit for the end of each month because that’s when I get paid but they give you stupid dates like the 15th which I am unable to do when I get hold of them I’m leaving the network quick enough to take your money not quick enough to be very helpful and quite rude to be honest. 

by Nigel5
Visitor

Hi,

I need to check and pay my bill which is due now but I have no way of doing either at all!

It's as though EE is dead and that's what my phone line will be soon unless I can pay my bill.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Readyraptor,  I am a customer just like you, I do not work for EE, but am one the community stars, and if you want to find out what that is about, you can read her:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Who-s-who/bd-p/whos-who

Unfortunately, as has been mentioned, there has been an outage at EE which they have been trying to resolve and have been working on it all night as well, this can happen with any company.

by Thefostarr94 Investigator
Investigator

But it's not good enough is it? A company the size of EE should not be having these issues for this length of time. If you can't fix your own issues then why the hell should I trust you with mine. 

by

Hi @Fatherjack,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can find out more about reporting your phone lost or stolen at http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/lost-or-stolen-phone

You’ll be able to speak to the relevant team about your stolen phone as soon as the current issue is fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

James

by

Hi Everyone,

The current issue with contacting customer services is not affecting any call, data or messaging services.

If you are experiencing issues, please report them via the network status checker while customer services are unavailable.

Thanks

James

by Thefostarr94 Investigator
Investigator

The most alarming thing to me is there is not a plan b, once one things down that's it the whole systems down, it's poor from EE, a company of this size should be doing much better, 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.