This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by balanga Contributor
Contributor

Broadband password

Update from EE

This is no longer up to date. For the latest on Home Broadband logins please view our new post: My Home Broadband login details aren't working; what do I need to do?

Can someone confirm that my Broadband Password for a Username of  PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456789@fs would be

HQNPASS123456789  ?

That's how I understand things but would like confirmation.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Broadband password

Hello @balanga that is correct yes. Here is a link containing more information on BB usernames & passwords. Smiley Happy:

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/e...

20 REPLIES
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @balanga that is correct yes. Here is a link containing more information on BB usernames & passwords. Smiley Happy:

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/e...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it's all in Home Broadband settings but it indicates they only have 6 digits.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by balanga Contributor
Contributor

That's what confused me because I had 9 digits.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @balanga have you managed to get online now? Smiley Happy 

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Re: Using a third party router rather than Bright Box 2

Hello all

New to EE fibre broadband and phone, joined 30th of May. Had a look at various post regarding the user name and password for internet connection (Not Admin). Looking to use my previous router a Technicolor tg589vac which in my opinion gives a better wireless range and has an easy to set up (TOD) time of day access for every different  wifi device in the house.

I have tried the system below regarding setting up the router but it does not like the password and will not authenticate.

PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@fs

If your username looks like PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@FS, your password will look like HQNPASS123456.
Simply replace the numbers in the password, with the ones found in your username.

I have followed this to the letter. i.e.

Cut and paste the user name found in the Bright Box 2 router and then inputted the characters as below as the password.

HQNPASSXXXXXX       'XXXXXX are the numbers just before the@fs' (my user name)

HQNPASS has been inputted as upper case characters.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks again

G Jones

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Jonsey try typing it in manually instead of cutting and pasting in case any space or other characters are being pasted by mistake. If your password is still not accepted customer service on 150 from an EE mobile/landline or 0800 956 6009 from any other have access to accounts and can look in to this further. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jonsey:If you still have your Welcome email it should be in that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I have filed every e-mail from EE in one folder and it does not mention anything about Broadband user name or the password for Internet access authentication,

I'll try it again and give it another go, failing that I will give customer services a ring and hopefully they can help me out.

Many thanks

G Jones

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for thr reply, I will give it another go without cut and pasting. Failing that I will give customer services a ring.

Bye for now

Thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Jonsey hopefully you can get your password working soon. Let us know how you get on if you have the time. Smiley Happy 

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

No luck

Tried everything and still won't authenticate.

Checked upper and lower case.

Did not cut and paste and still no joy.

Triple checked all characters and numbers.

2 options left.

(a) Phone EE customer services for internet password (not admin).

(b) After a bit of research on the internet, try 'wireshark' software and try to get the password that way.

Your thoughts

Thanks again

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonsey,

I would give customer services a quick call for assistance.

Thanks

James

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Hello again

Gave customer support a ring yesterday and went through straight away. He confirmed what was said in the forum regarding the Internet password. This has to be the code i.e. HQNPASSxxxxxxxx    'xxx, being the numbers on my user name.

So why is this not working?

His thoughts also suggested that my old router which is a Technicolor TG589VAC is locked into my previous provider, which was SSE. They use 'Daisy' communication for their networks.

Although it was updated with the recent firmware 15.4 before I moved over to EE broadband. Access to the user name and password is easily accessible.

I'll give it one more go, otherwise I might go for a 'Billion bipac 8900AX-2400'

PS.

Customer support was very good

Bye for now, I'll keep you informed.

'Jonsey'

by
EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know @Jonsey

It's lovely to hear about the good experiences as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Solved, well just about.

Did a factory re-set of the router, not a restart. Entered the user name and password in and in about one minute the TG589VAC connected to the Internet, Wow!

All was fine although in around 15 minutes broadband was down. When I went into the set-up page of the router, the user name and password had changed!!!!!!

User name was something like 'Config*SSE*broadband'

Hence, conclusion that this is a type specific router (the firmware at least), therefore will go to a default setting if you try and use it with a different provider after a few minutes.

If I cant find a generic firmware for the router then it is destined for the bin.

Bye for now

Good experience though

'Jonsey'

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Jonsey

Hope you get this sorted Smiley Happy

Come back anytime!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What is the 1st 2 parts of your external IP addy?

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

by Jonsey Contributor
Contributor

Hello again

Tried the router again via a factory re-start and putting in all the settings listed below.

VDSL

PPPoE

User name:- ProductionXXXXXXXXXX etc

Password:-  HQNxxxxxxxxxx etc 

MTU-1492

VLAN-101

Yes it worked first time and all was well:-

Until after around 32 minutes the internet failed.

The router must have re-set itself and the broadband user name changed to '173968141-SWALEC@SSEbb.co.uk'

Hence, the router reverts back to its origional settings deep down in it's programme. The router is tied down to SSE only, crafty buggers.

Never mind at least I got the broadband password now.

Bye for now and happy surfing.

Thanks for all the replies.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.