by amira5 Investigator
Investigator

Broadband light is off, all other light are green, router is connected

I have been using internet couple hours ago just fine, everything was working.
I have 3 light lit up green, but broadband light is not on at all. I believe this is from the midnight.
I have a bill generated for the next month on 25th, however all bills pais in 10th of each month as my contract started on 9-th. (my last bill way paid this month, 10th of August) This is the first time i have this problem. The status of the network is connected, however there is no IP generated. My IP is 0.000....etc. 
How can i rectify the problem, restarting router and reapplying settings did not help.

4 REPLIES 4
by Cromie Investigator
Investigator

Re: Broadband light is off, all other light are green, router is connected

Same problem here. Guess we have to wait for "normal business hours."

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning

We're aware of an issue affecting broadband services this morning - we're working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I recommend continuing to reboot the router every now an again, this has worked for some users.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@amira5: Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If the BB light is OFF, this is not the current issue affecting the EE network.

Have you just joined EE or were you already with EE?

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by amira5 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for the reply.I do not use the phone, and dont have a phone set so cannot comment on it. I have been with EE for about 6 months and most of the time my connection was without a fault, except when router was in fault. i use BrightBox 2.

There is an internet connection when i change DNS. So am waiting for the issue to be fix. As suggested earlier will restart router after a while. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.