Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Automatic pack signup?

I bought the Alcatel Onetouch off Argos to use as an emergency phone when travelling.  Followed all the instructions and put £10 credit on the phone.  I now find - 2 months later - that the credit has been used up?   Apparently I have signed up for a Talk and Text package?  Are you put on this package automatically?  I have checked all the literature with the phone and there is no mention of automatically signing up for a package. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Automatic pack signup?

Hello there @MKJ.

Thanks for coming here.

What reply do you get when you text AL to 150?

You can text STOP PACK to make sure this is not renewed for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

On sending text AL it verifies my account credit is zero.

I have already send text STOP PACK.

All this is rather late in the day though as I haven't used my phone since purchasing - bar for one call to make sure it was working - until now, yet all my credit has been used up because of the pack renewing itself on a weekly basis.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. Your last top-up went to buy this Pack.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought with your credit & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

All very well, but for someone like me who never uses a mobile phone except in emergencies all this talk about pack this and that when all that was required was to credit the phone with £10 for calls is unwanted and unnecessary. Surely it would be right and proper to credit a phone and then choose a pack of your own volition AFTERWARDS and not be automatically signed up for one. The info, what there is of it, is vague to say the least. I find that I'm £10 out of pocket now.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you buy a PAYG phone from EE (Dunno about Argos) it tells you that you are buying a pack with your £10, e.g.:

Alcatel Pixi 3 (3.5)

4GB Black

Capacity: 4GB

Now in stock

Now in stock. Usually dispatched within 1 day, to you or your local EE store.

Colour: Black

• the currently selected product is Black

Upfront Cost

£19.99

Minimum top up

£10.00

for £

• Now,£0.00 

Best for talk, text & data

• 1GB data
  • 250 minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • Pack cost: £10
  • Renews every 30 days

Upfront:

£19.99

Minimum top up:

£10.00

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

A pleasant surprise.

I sent a message to EE about the above problem and my phone has been credited not only with the £10 I had lost but an additional £10 for the inconvenience.

My faith in human nature has been restored.

Thank you EE.

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @MKJ 

Glad you are sorted 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.