by paulfsnet Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Are EE deceiving its customers

@XRaySpeX 

I was referring to your comment: (Where do you see mods removing posts cuz) I read the post in my Email and clicked on it to find it had been removed in my thread and this is why I made my comment now we know you removed the comment from this thread as you have stated you clearly moved the thread.

But this is not the point and is going of topic, as you can see there are more users now finding the same problem I had in that for whatever reason the speed at EE is being capped and needs to be investigated because customers are paying for a service they are not receiving.

Established Contributor

Just found some screen captures what I had done that shows EE speed restriction, again same line, same cabinet nothing changed what so ever only different suppliers.

For whatever reason I am not able to upload the images for everyone to see, I guess that privilege has been removed to stop any more embarrassment.

Anyway I will type what is shown:

EE router connection

Downstream rate 25.00Mbps

Upstream rate 5.47

PN router connection

Downstream 38.05Mbps

Upstream 6.405Mbps

If the ability to upload and show images again I will do so to prove what I have type is correct.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no reason for your ability to upload images to be removed. They will just take some time to be approved like everybody else.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

As stated no image upload icon so can not upload, i have provided link via photobucket hopfully this will show.

No image upload button

EE 25Mbps capped speed

PN full 38Mbps

As stated no line change, no cabinet change, no alterations or Openreach visit, just a change of supplier.

by
EE Employee

Hi @paulfsnet

I have fed back your image issue to the moderator.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Lee_H wrote:

Hi @paulfsnet

I have fed back your image issue to the moderator.

Many thanks,

Lee

Thanks Lee

Thanks not a problem as am sure you can understand, the whole point is showing how EE are deceiving its customers, I am not the first and I am sure I will not be the last.

unfortunately I am not the sort of person to let things go, and I’m sure a few people have clicked on some very old links connected to my old photobucket and can see my links with the likes of Intel and ASUS, so no stranger to IT as I used to do intensive testing on microprocessors and components so people like yourself and everyone else have an easy time.

Anyway much appreciate the acknowledgement that the Image icon is missing and that I was not allowed to upload images.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

To me it looks like you either have a bit of a dodgy line or poor internal wiring, which has resulted in DLM (Dynamic Line Managment) reducing your speed over time. When you moved to PN this will have been reset and so you are getting higher speeds. Give a week or two and you will probably have your speeds reduced.

by
EE Employee

Hi @paulfsnet

When you started to experience this issue, did you report this to customer services.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Mustrum wrote:

To me it looks like you either have a bit of a dodgy line or poor internal wiring, which has resulted in DLM (Dynamic Line Managment) reducing your speed over time. When you moved to PN this will have been reset and so you are getting higher

Wish that was the case, but having been working in IT for the best part of 30 years plus having a family member that works for Openreach this was not the case the house is networked in Cat5.

Anyway 24 days and still going strong and the weather here is wet and cold so we can rule that one out, normally a DLM happens after a few days so 24 days in I can safely say things have settled down, I am not saying things won’t or may happen in the future but that will be BT's end.

speeds. Give a week or two and you will probably have your speeds reduced.

Established Contributor

@Lee_H wrote:

Hi @paulfsnet

When you started to experience this issue, did you report this to customer services.

Many thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee yes made all the normal contacts and tried very hard to get customer support to understand that there was a big problem but got nowhere.

But the worst case is when I was threatened with total disconnection of service right away ( yes phone and broadband ) This left me no other alternative but to contact your CEO and managers to get things put in order and for my wish to have the contract cancelled without any penalty.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

"A" DLM happens all the time. Think you mean profile banding or speed cap.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

XRaySpeX wrote:

"A" DLM happens all the time. Think you mean profile banding or speed cap.

Yes quite right it is somthing that is monitord all the time and if it is found out of range it will make apropriate ajustments, such as DLM  detected what it believes to be a problem on a line this normaily happens within a matter of hours or days so how Mustrum can say give a week or two and you will probably have your speeds reduced, is total garbage

Established Contributor

Well i can honestly say the best thing i did was to leave EE and go with plusNet.

Nearly two months in and the results speek for themselves, i would post images but that priverlige still has not been enabled as the mods do not want you all to see the results.

7401Mb up

37993Mb down

This is comaierd to EE results which showed the speed barly hit 25Mb on two accations.

Do yourself all a favour and look for a a better ISP if you want good speeds

Established Contributor

Is there any chance EE can issue me the refund that has been outstanding since 19/12/2017, I know EE does not like losing customers but if you provide the services you sell then customers would not leave, but withholding ex customer funds is wrong and illegal.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @paulfsnet

Thanks for taking the time to post again in community.

In terms of any refunds, you believe you are entitled to, then you would need to please discuss this with our customer services  team.

Thank you

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Don't you wonder why you are not getting the min. Handback Threshold even with PN?

Established Contributor

wrote:

Good morning @paulfsnet

Thanks for taking the time to post again in community.

In terms of any refunds, you believe you are entitled to, then you would need to please discuss this with our customer services  team.

Thank you

Richard

Hi Richard

Thank you for your comments, the last time I contacted Customer services they threatened to disconnect my telephone line instantly without any hesitation whatsoever even though I need my landline to be live 24-7

So please forgive me if I am unwilling to even talk to EE customer services ever again even though EE cannot do anything now, one bad apple has and is going to make things very bad for EE.

It is not normal for a customer to get the MD and CEO of the company involved to sort out problems caused by one very bad probably now unemployed EE customer services employee.

Anyway Landline and Broadband moved without any problems and getting the full 40-10 that I have paid for with PN, PAC codes requested and received for the four mobiles in my family home which will be transferred to another operator.

Once I am completely satisfied I will then start moving the members of my family from EE of which I recommended at the time to PN and also have them move there mobiles’ as well.

See there is nothing worse than upsetting someone whom has been loyal for the best part of when internet first started yes FSNET, at no time at all did I feel valued or welcomed by EE just the opposite had a problem of which I was told well that’s your problem it’s you line and equipment and we can’t do anything except cut you off now, having worked in the industry for the best part of 30 years I could honestly say that the problems were not my end and in fact was something EE should have been looking into when a customer is paying for a service I.E 40-10 and only receiving at best 18-4 something is very wrong.

Anyway I will leave it there for you to think about, an ISP is just that and a lot of things are out of their hands but what makes a good ISP is one that gets involved with its customers and try their very best to sort out there problems rather than wishing they were so wear else.

Established Contributor

wrote:

Don't you wonder why you are not getting the min. Handback Threshold even with PN?

It does not even enter my head, you see when you’re paying for a 40-10 service from PlusNet and receiving a 40-10 service from PlusNet then there is not a problem, if your referring to why am I only getting 37.5Mb down from a 40 package then this is called line lose and given my line is 800Mtrs from the exchange then losing 2.5Mb is totally acceptable.

What is not acceptable is when you pay for a 40-10 service from EE and at best receive 18-4 from EE and are then told that’s the best you can get for your line get used to it.

But that is the way EE operate these days, it is all over this forum and complaints on other sites too all about a company (EE) and the lack of service for its customers.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Distance from the exchange is irrelevant for fibre; it's distance from cab that counts.

However the BT Availability Checker is worked from your distance from cab & reckons you should be getting at least 43.7 Meg on an uncapped line & therefore 40 Meg on the 40/10 capped product.

Established Contributor

wrote:

Distance from the exchange is irrelevant for fibre; it's distance from cab that counts.

However the BT Availability Checker is worked from your distance from cab & reckons you should be getting at least 43.7 Meg on an uncapped line & therefore 40 Meg on the 40/10 capped product.

I have never know in all my time unless you’re sitting on the exchange or have fibre directly connected to the property not to have any losses, it’s called the law of physics copper has a current carrying capacity over a given distance, the longer the distance the more loss and the likelihood of more noise

But hay EE now complaining about another ISP not being able to supply the extra 1.29Mb over an 800Mtr run when EE did not even give a toss about the loss of 22Mb on my line saying this is the best we can do get used to it.

Looks like I have Image posing privaleges back But it looks like things are being hiden from the public view so here is a direct link 

Bt speed test2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.