by Colin1286
Explorer

Apple app and ee not linked for 6 month free

Hi. I just followed the steps i recieved from texting music to 150. The apple music app then told me i don't have ee membership or whatever. And now I'm on apples 3 month free trial. How do I get apple music to link with ee's 6 month free offer. My bolt on says I have 6 month free but apple music is saying 3 month.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Apple app and ee not linked for 6 month free

Hi @Colin1286

Welcome to the community 🙂

It seems that you have connected to Apple's direct free 3month trial.  

You can only take advantage of our 6 month Apple Music offer once you cancel the subscription with Apple directly.

Here are the steps to follow - on iPhone and on Android devices:-

Cancelling on iPhone

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Tap OK.

Step 2. From the Apple Music home screen Tap the Apple Music account icon - on the top left corner of the screen.

Step 3. You'll see your Apple Music account page and Tap 'View Apple ID' from the menu.

Step 4. You'll then see your Apple Music account page. Tap 'Manage' from the Subscription menu.

Step 5. On your Apple Music membership account page, switch the 'Automatic Renewal' toggle to OFF.

Cancelling on Android

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Select 'OK'.

Step 2. Tap the Navigation menu and then from the Apple Music membership account screen, Tap the arrow to the right of your name.

Step 3. You'll then see your Apple Music account page. Tap 'Manage Membership' from the menu.

Step 4. On your Apple Music account page, choose 'Manage' from the Subscription menu.

Step 5. Swipe left to switch ‘Automatic Renewal’ off.

Please note the day your subscription with Apple ends.

One day later then text MUSIC to 150 and you will then follow the EE process again to get the six months free with us.

Also, you can have the six months free streaming now, by texting STREAM to 150.

Or

You can wait until you can register for EE and run the six months simultaneously with your Apple music with EE.

Hope this helps 🙂

Chris

by Colin1286
Explorer

My add on say that my 6 month is active and ends in February. Does this mean after the apple 3 month subscription I will then have 3 months left on ee or will it reset to 6 months?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @Colin1286

I suggest having a quick chat with our customer services team as it shouldn't be possible to have both promotions at the same time.

Please let me know how you got on, once you've spoken to them. I'd love to know what happened with this.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.