Highlighted
by eighthdrake Investigator
Investigator

Apple Music

My free Apple Music offer has finished and I have now been billed by EE for the first month. If I want to resubscribe directly with Apple do I have to wait until the first month has passed, cancel with EE and then resubscribe with Apple? I have tried to resubscribe with Apple directly today but it doesn't appear to work. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Apple Music

Hello @eighthdrake you would need to cancel your EE subscription before it is due to renew or you will be charged in advance again. If you cancel it early you should still receive the full month. After you have cancelled your EE subscription you can subscribe through Apple direct but you may need to wait a while in between if systems need to update. 🙂 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @eighthdrake you would need to cancel your EE subscription before it is due to renew or you will be charged in advance again. If you cancel it early you should still receive the full month. After you have cancelled your EE subscription you can subscribe through Apple direct but you may need to wait a while in between if systems need to update. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thanks 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @eighthdrake come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂 

Investigator

Hi

I have cancelled the EE subscription and received confirmation that it will end at the next bill, but now, a week on, Apple will not let me renew directly with them. I have tried to resubscribe and am prompted for my pasword, but nothing happens. I am concenred then when the next bill date arrives the EE music will stop and similarly my Apple Music itself will vanish!

by
EE Employee

Hi @eightdrake and welcome back,

As you have an active subscription to your next bill date you will be unable to resubscribe directly via apple until your subscription via EE has expired.

This also works both ways, If you wanted to take the EE offer, but have an active direct subscription this would need to be cancelled first.

Hope that helps,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eighthdrake  Your music will  not be lost as it's your account that you have with Apple that you will be loging back in to when you start to pay yourself for Apple Music. 

Investigator

Thanks @Lee_H, I guessed that is what might happen!

Investigator

Thanks @Chris_B - do you know if Apple give some leeway on resubscribing as it could be tricky to time it right!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@eighthdrake  You shouldn't have any issues what so ever as it's the same account except your paying yourself for it.  

Investigator

Cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.