by Profile closed
Not applicable

Apple Music - Student Account

Hey guys,

I've just rejoined EE after a few years ago and want to take advantage of the Apple Music offer. I have tried to add it on using my iPhone and the link they I was sent with no joy.

A splash screen flashes up and then disappears never to be seen again. I've tried on my laptop and I get a pink screen and nothing happens. I tried on an Android phone I have with the EE SIM in and it said I don't have a subscription with EE.

I don't know if it might affect it but I had a student discount / subscription which I have switched auto renew off as the EE websites advises.

Any ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple Music - Student Account

Check in your phone Settings whether the mobile no. it thinks it is is correct. If not, try putting the SIM in a simple feature phone if you have 1 available where you can change the stored no. manually. That should fix it.

Or call EE as generally a network refresh will correct the number which is in the device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

The phone number is correct.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for the advice @XRaySpeX.

Just a quick question before advise you further, @Profile closed.

The Student discount that you mentioned, is this in relation to an Apple Music discount (directly from Apple) or an EE student discount for your monthly plan?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hey,

The student discount was in relation to Apple Music. I just wondered if it would affect it?

I  had a web chat with Apple and they said I couldn’t have an ‘EE Trial’ if I had a student discount although I don’t think the operator really understood.

Oddly this morning i received a welcome to Apple Music email although technically I’m already a member until my student subscription runs out on the 2nd Sept.

by

Thanks for clarifying, @gcool.

You must cancel the Apple Music subscription in order to take advantage of the Apple Music offer through EE.

By following the instructions below, the billing method will change from your Apple account to your EE bill:-

Cancelling on iPhone

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Tap OK.

Step 2. From the Apple Music home screen Tap the Apple Music account icon - on the top left corner of the screen.

Step 3. You'll see your Apple Music account page and Tap 'View Apple ID' from the menu.

Step 4. You'll then see your Apple Music account page. Tap 'Manage' from the Subscription menu.

Step 5. On your Apple Music membership account page, switch the 'Automatic Renewal' toggle to OFF.

Cancelling on Android

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Select 'OK'.

Step 2. Tap the Navigation menu and then from the Apple Music membership account screen, Tap the arrow to the right of your name.

Step 3. You'll then see your Apple Music account page. Tap 'Manage Membership' from the menu.

Step 4. On your Apple Music account page, choose 'Manage' from the Subscription menu.

Step 5. Swipe left to switch ‘Automatic Renewal’ off.

Please note the day your subscription with Apple ends.

The day after the Apple Music subscription ends:-

Text MUSIC to 150 and you will then follow the EE process to get the six months free with us.

Hope this helps.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hey,

That was the first thing I did!

by

OK, no worries, @Profile closed.

The Apple Music subscription will stop at the end of that current Apple billing cycle.

You can check how to see the subscription status on the Apple website.

Once it has ended and you load up your Apple Music, instead of it loading up the normal front page, it will be as if you you're setting up a new subscription.

At that point, follow the link from the texts to 150. It will re-direct you to the app and ask you to confirm the EE offer.

At that point you will be able to use your 6 month free Apple Music to your heart's content. 🙂

Let me know how that goes.

Chris 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Can it not be done without interrupting the service?

by

It doesn't really disrupt the service, @Profile closed.

The day it ends, you go into the Apple Music app and it will show that you aren't subscribed anymore.

At that point, click the Apple Music link from the texts to 150.

It automatically loads the Apple Music link and you click to confirm.

That's all it takes. 🙂

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Christopher_G wrote:

It doesn't really disrupt the service, @Profile closed.

The day it ends, you go into the Apple Music app and it will show that you aren't subscribed anymore.

At that point, click the Apple Music link from the texts to 150.

It automatically loads the Apple Music link and you click to confirm.

That's all it takes. 🙂

Chris

That’s not the case.

When the old subscription ends I will no longer have access to the service at which point all music I have stored offline on my laptop and iPhone will expire. Then I’ll Have to wait for it all to download again. 

You our website doesn’t specify that I should have to wait for the old sub to end. Following the guide shows it should pick up automatically after the old one ends if the registration was working correctly.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Just to add I’ve tried the link again on my mobile and it gets me to the pink page and says 

“You don’t have an Apple Music membership with EE”

by

Thanks for getting back to me again, @Profile closed.

The reason you are getting the “You don’t have an Apple Music membership with EE” page is because your Apple Music subscription is still active through Apple.

As mentioned above, you can only take advantage of our offer once that has ended.

If you do not wish to take our 6 month free option due to the reasons that you have mentioned, you can still have 6 months of free Apple Music streaming instead.

Just text STREAM to 150.

This means that any streaming data used through Apple Music will not deduct from your data allowance.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.