Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Apple Music Billing

I recently took advantage of free Apple music following a text from EE.... or so I thought. I followed a link in the text to apple music log in. I logged in as I had an Apple account thinking that's me all sorted. Fab, free music that doesn't use my data!! Eh.... no, I realised after a few months I was getting billed 9.99 a month by Apple and all my data was getting used up. EE didn't refund me, Apple gave me 1 month back. EE if you are going to text these offers out be clearer with your instructions and be more supportive to customers who follow your text links in good faith and end up out of pocket. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Apple Music Billing

Hi @itd

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I am sorry to read how frustrated you are, however you would have needed to cancel your subscription directly with Apple before trying to add the EE offer first.

Here is how you do it, from our Apple Music - Setting up help and support pages.

It's always advisable to make a note the day your subscription with Apple ends.

One day later then text MUSIC to 150 and you will then follow the EE process to get the six months free with us.

Also, you can have the six months free streaming now, by texting STREAM to 150.

Or

You can wait until you can register for EE and run the six months simultaneously with your Apple music with EE.

Now it's set up, I hope you enjoy the free music and data on us for the duration of the offer.

Towards the end of your offer period, we’ll send you a message telling you when it will end and reminding you how to cancel your offer. 

At the end of your free six months, we'll advise you that you're now paying for the service through EE. 

You can cancel Apple Music on EE in three ways: 

• by texting STOP MUSIC to 150
  • by calling Customer Services on 150
  • or via My EE

Thank you

Richard

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard. 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to text music to 150 and got this.....

It looks like you've already used your free Apple Music membership (it ended on yesterday). You can still get Apple Music membership on your EE phone for £9.99 a month. To add this to your account, reply YES to this message (please make sure you've got the bill payer's permission). You can cancel at any time. For more info and T&Cs visit ee.co.uk/applemusic.

I haven't used my free Apple music with EE. I paid Apple for it each month. 

Iain. 

Highlighted
by

Hello there @itd

Thanks for coming back to us.

Did you have a free trial with Apple previously?

How long have you been paying for the Apple Music?

Thanks, Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

I had an apple log in for many years as I’ve had iPhones / iPad previously.

I have previously used Apple Music paying a monthly subscription which was a long time ago, I cannot recall if I had any months free of subscription as part of an apple offer.

What I do recall is that I followed the EE text link at the start of October and believed I was accepting an offer for free Apple Music. All my bills are paid by direct debit from my bill account which I rarely examine as I pretty much know to the penny what’s going in and out. I didn’t realise that since October 2017 I’ve been paying 9.99 for Apple Music (5 payments to date)

Hope this helps you with my enquiry.

Regards,

Iain.

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @itd

Our customer services will be able to investigate to see if you have previously had the free Apple music subscription.

Please give them a call to look into this further for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I already called them. EE said it was my fault I logged into Apple music using an existing Apple log in I had. 

I called Apple and they reiterated this, that but did highlight I was not the first EE customer to call them with this complaint. 

What I should have done was create an entirely new account with Apple which means creating a new email address as my current email is obviously attached to my existing Apple account. 

I'm sorry but EE, in my opinion should have made this clearer. I know I'm not alone with this frustration as I've read several comments in chat forums from cutomers who have experienced what i have and who share my frustration. 

So I'm still out of pocket. EE won't fully refund me and neither will Apple.. ... and I've used up lots of data downloading music thinking it was all free and part of your offer. 

I appreciate it the grand scheme of things I'm a lone customer with little influence,  however if customer satisfaction was a priority of EE I think you could have done more. 

Thanks for your time. 
Highlighted
by

Hi @itd,

You don't need to create a new Apple ID to sign up for the EE Apple Music offer.

You can use your existing ID and follow the instructions in the text message you received or on the Apple Music help articles.

I'm sorry that you had issues setting this up and I'll pass your feedback over to our Apple Music team to help them improve the process in the future.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I did follow the instructions and logged in with an existing Apple ID and was charged 9.99 a month.

I've been told twice by EE I should have created a new Apple ID.

No wonder I'm confused.

Given this was so confusing are EE prepared to offer me a refund for all the 9.99 payments I made, or offer me another 6 months free Apple music with free data??

No.

Gee thanks 😔

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.