by djandymyers
Explorer

Any charges for leaving EE BB for BT early?

Hi all.

Apologies if this is something that has been asked and answered before but I haven't been able to get a live chat via the EE website going to ask someone directly. 

Anyway... 

My question is a simple one really and I'm hoping someone from EE can answer this for me. 

My wife and I are currently EE mobile and EE Fibre contract holders and have been for a while now. We are looking at options for BT Sport and feel the easiest and cheapest way to get it for the Champions League through the tv is by having BT Broadband/Infinity.

As EE is a BT company now and has been for a fair while, should we wish to swap EE Fibre out for BT Infinity, and we still have around 6 months or so remaining on our EE Broadband deal, would EE still charge us for doing this even though in reality we're moving from one part of BT to another for the same service? 

As much as I like having the option to watch BT Sport for free as part of my mobile contract, it's a tad useless to me when sat at home wanting to watch it on my TV with the family. As such, if the possibility of swapping to BT Infinity without being charged to leave EE is available, it's something we wish to consider. 

I thank you very much in advance for any replies and help with this quesiton.

Cheers everyone.

Andy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Any charges for leaving EE BB for BT early?

Hello @djandymyers more information on early termination fees for canceling a BB contract can be found on page 12 of the EE BB price guide:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/home-broadband/EE-Home-Price-Guide.pdf

Customer service can give you an exact figure when you call. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @djandymyers there may be a charge yes although EE are owned by BT they still trade as separate brands and moving between them is the same as moving between any other brand.

For an exact figure please call customer service on 150 from an EE mobile or landline or 0800 079 8586 from any other who can access the account. Do not cancel with them first - BT will cancel your EE account and do everything for you if/when you move over. 🙂

by djandymyers
Explorer

Thanks @Tom222 

I appreciate the reply. I was hoping that by now, if there was an understanding between EE & BT that no such charges would appply with them being owned by the same parent. I guess the only way I can get a categorical answer would be by calling EE and asking the question directly with them in person. 

Thanks again.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @djandymyers more information on early termination fees for canceling a BB contract can be found on page 12 of the EE BB price guide:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/home-broadband/EE-Home-Price-Guide.pdf

Customer service can give you an exact figure when you call. 🙂

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @djandymyers,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, early termination fees would apply in this case.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.